Contributor

Crock Pot Recipes

[ Edited ]

What is everyone's favorite CROCK POT RECIPE?

(post please)

Esteemed Contributor

Sante Fe Chicken, split pea soup, lentil bar b que 

Honored Contributor

Pot roast w/potatoes, carrots. I started using dry onion mix (2pkgs for us), salt and pepper. Brown the roast on all sides and cook all day.

Trusted Contributor

@OKPrincess.. sounds delicious.  I love beef stew and pot roast.

Does it make a sort of gravy with the onion soup ?  I take it you mix soup with water?

Honored Contributor

I know. Gravy is the best part. On a lazy day I use the crockpot juice. Avoid using too much water if you prefer your “gravy” this consistency.  Other days I thicken the crockpot juice in skillet. Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Jill Bauer posted this Ranch Chicken recipe that I really liked. I used the shredded chicken to make tacos, nachos, and quesadillas.

I also really like this Hula Chicken recipe from Betty Crocker.

I like easy stuff, so often I will just buy a pre-made sauce and dump that over some seared meat. Sometimes I will do a pork loin slow-cooked in Coke or root beer and then shred it, pour some good BBQ sauce over it, and let it simmer another 20 minutes. Campbell's also makes some great slow cooker sauces. I like the Hawaiian Pork sauce. You just stick the pork and the sauce in the cooker and go. I like to shred the pork and serve it on brioche buns as a sandwhich or serve it over some brown rice.

There's a company in Fredericksburg, Texas called Fischer & Wieser and they make all kinds of jellies, sauces, and marinades I love to just dump some over any seared meat in the slow cooker. The Charred Peach Bourbon Sauce is a favorite over chicken thighs and the Raspberry Chipotle sauce is great over pork. Texas HEB stores carry some of their items and you can also order them online. Google will get you to their jelly site.

Honored Contributor

This is the favorite of everyone in my family. I just made this yesterday for our "snow day"!  Smiley Happy

San Antonio Chili

2 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breasts

3 (16 oz.) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed

1 medium onion, chopped

1 clove garlic, minced

2 (4 oz.) cans whole green chilies, cut in large pieces

2 tsp. ground cumin

1 tsp. ground oregano

1 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

1/2 tsp. salt

1 (14 1/2 oz.) chicken broth

1 cup water

Cut chicken in one-inch pieces and brown if desired (I don't brown.). Put all ingredients in Crock Pot and stir to mix. Cook on low for 10 hours, high for 6 hours.

Respected Contributor

I love a crock pot. I am with you @Alison Wonderland on the ease and using ready made items. I like that items do not need to be babysat with.

Lately I have been using one to bake potatoes. I do not like microwaved ones as well as baked in an oven . I found out they are just as good ( if I remember to put them in) prepare as usual dry smear on oil or butter or some people wrap in foil salt and pepper if you like and cook on low for 6- 7 hours. 

Respected Contributor

@okaywitheasypaywrote:

I love a crock pot. I am with you @Alison Wonderland on the ease and using ready made items. I like that items do not need to be babysat with.

Lately I have been using one to bake potatoes. I do not like microwaved ones as well as baked in an oven . I found out they are just as good ( if I remember to put them in) prepare as usual dry smear on oil or butter or some people wrap in foil salt and pepper if you like and cook on low for 6- 7 hours. 

Wow, I never thought about making a baked potato this way before! This is a great tip. Thank you, @okaywitheasypay!

Honored Contributor

Easy Crockpot Chicken

3# bag skinless, boneless chicken breasts

salt and pepper, to taste

paprika (last to use)

Place chicken breasts in crockpot, salt and pepper to taste.

Mix:

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 jar mushrooms, drained or fresh, sliced mushrooms

1 C sour cream

1/4 C flour

Spread over chicken and sprinkle with paprika.

Start on High then turn to Low for 6 hours.

Serve over rice.