Respected Contributor

@Reconnaissant wrote:

Ingredients

• 2 lb Radishes (trimmed and halved)
  • 3 tablespoons Olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon Sea salt (plus more to taste when done)
  • 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon Smoked paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon Onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).

2. Toss radishes with olive oil and spices. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet, making sure each radish touches the pan.

3. Roast for about 30 to 35 minutes until golden and crispy.

4. Season with extra salt and pepper to taste.

@Reconnaissant 

Yum, delicious we tried it tonight!  I didn't add smoky paprika this time but used everything else, will try paprika next time. 

Trusted Contributor

This sounds so good. I roast brussel sprouts a lot the same way. I will add some radishes next time. Never even thought of roasted radishes before. Thanks for this recipe.

Respected Contributor

@Mellyg wrote:

I love roasted vegetables and roast them often.  I've never done radishes, but that's about to change! Thank you @Reconnaissant 

@Mellyg 

I made them tonight, they were delicious!

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Sounds good.  I will have to invest in some garlic powder and onion powder.  

@DiAnne

You may find lots of uses for onion and garlic powder down the road, they really come in handy, not just as a fresh replacement but the flavor is subtle and almost nuttier than fresh when appropriate. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing.  Roasted radishes are a popular keto replacement for roasted or fried potatoes as as side dish. 😊

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting.  Just amazed about all the variances I never tried.

Super Contributor

@Reconnaissant 

This sounds great!  I've got to try the recipe very soon.  Thanks.

Super Contributor

@Reconnaissant Do the radishes become more "potato like" as they are roasted?  I've seen them in recipes to take the place of potatoes but haven't tried them yet and was curious.  

Valued Contributor

Thank you!  I had a handful of radishes so I just tried this.  Very good and much more healthy than my creamed radish recipe!

Valued Contributor

Re: Crispy Roasted Radishes

[ Edited ]

@Mumof2 wrote:

@Reconnaissant Do the radishes become more "potato like" as they are roasted?  I've seen them in recipes to take the place of potatoes but haven't tried them yet and was curious.  

@Mumof2 

Radishes get a soft, potato-like texture when you cook them, and just like potatoes, they taste great when you roast them to get crispy on the outside.