Trusted Contributor

Crisp Macaroni Salad

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup sour cream

2 cups COOKED, DRAINED AND COOLED                                                                         elbow macaroni              

2 hard boiled eggs....chopped

1 cup cheddar cheese....cut into cubes

2 cups celery....sliced

1/2 cup green pepper...chopped

1/4 cup onion....chopped

1/4 cup sweet pickle relish....drained

1/4 cup pimento...chopped

Combine macaroni, celry, green pepper, onion, relish, cheese and eggs in a mixing bowl. In another bowl, mix mayonnaise, salt and sour cream. Add to macaroni mixture, gently mix in pimentos.   Chill.                                                           

Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty

Good to see you back!!!  I have missed your wonderful recipes.  Thanks so much for this yummy sounding recipe.  I have printed it out and will be making this Summer. 

Trusted Contributor

luvsbulldogs.. Hi dear, long time no "see". ...It's good to see you again. Hope all is going well with you. 

Respected Contributor

Hi LilBit...........Things have been good.  I have been busy with work so am not on here as often as I used to be.  I always enjoy your recipes and hope that you keep them coming. 

Honored Contributor

@LilBitMissty

This sounds like my Mom's recipe (& now mine!) but with the addition of cheese.

Everything is better with cheese right???!!!

One thing I do is chop the onion & keep it separate, add as desired. That way it doesn't overpower the left-over salad. 

Thanks for posting your recipe!

Trusted Contributor

luvsbulldogs... H i dear..It is really good to see you, but I do hope you take some time for YOU!!   Life is too short not to!  I have been posting lately and will try my best to continue to do so. I am so glad you enjoy my recipes. I am happy to know they are used. My DM would be happy too Woman Happy Don't be a stranger sweetie. I am always happy to see you. Don't over work yourself..ok?  Take care dear.

Respected Contributor

This sounds so yummy thank you!  I'm going to make this!

Trusted Contributor

Ladybug724.. Hi there. I am happy to hear you will try it. Let me know if you make it..ok?Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I am making it soon!  I will let you know how it turns out!Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty

I am so glad to see you posting again and especially with all those wonderful recipes that you have from your DM!  DH and I are thinking of retiring and I will definitely be taking more time for myself!  You are so sweet!  Take care LilBit!