Honored Contributor

Creamy Lemon Chicken with Spinach and Artichokes

Another recipe for my citrus craving...and love spinach artichoke dip Heart Will try it soon! Courtesy of Martha Stewart

Like your favorite dip reinvented as a meal, and made healthier to boot! Sauteed chicken cutlets cook fast, and cream cheese provides a little richness with less fat than heavy cream.

Prep: 30 mins
Total: 35 mins
Servings: 4

Ingredients

• 1 pound chicken cutlets
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
  • Unbleached all-purpose flour, for dredging
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic (from 3 cloves)
  • 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
  • 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
  • 10 ounces baby spinach (7 cups)
  • 1 package (9 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, quartered if whole
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated (1/2 cup packed)
  • Steamed rice, for serving (optional)
Directions

• Step 1

Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in flour, shaking off any excess. Add butter and 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. When butter melts, add chicken in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until golden brown in places but not cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.

• Step 2

Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, and thyme to skillet; cook until fragrant, 10 seconds. Stir in broth and cream cheese; cook until mixture boils and cheese melts. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in artichokes; cook 1 minute more. Return chicken and accumulated juices to skillet. Simmer, shaking pan occasionally, until sauce is reduced and thickened slightly and chicken is just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and cheese. Serve over rice.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Re: Creamy Lemon Chicken with Spinach and Artichokes

@Chi-town girl 

HOLY TOLEDO - Your name is a sight for bored taste buds - where've ya been recipe kween?

Maniest posters have missed you - I can promise you that. 

I'm very happy to see you have returned and brought us something DROOL WORTHY!

I made lemon chicken tonight & have uncooked chicken all cut and ready for me to make something with it for tomorrow's dinner....perhaps this is round 2 of the lemon ideas.

Hubs won't mind, we both love all things lemon and adding cream & spinach makes everything better.

(I'll keep the artichokes for my plate as he won't even try them).

I'm so glad to see you again - have a great week.

Kar

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@Chi-town girl 

HOLY TOLEDO - Your name is a sight for bored taste buds - where've ya been recipe kween?

Maniest posters have missed you - I can promise you that. 

I'm very happy to see you have returned and brought us something DROOL WORTHY!

I made lemon chicken tonight & have uncooked chicken all cut and ready for me to make something with it for tomorrow's dinner....perhaps this is round 2 of the lemon ideas.

Hubs won't mind, we both love all things lemon and adding cream & spinach makes everything better.

(I'll keep the artichokes for my plate as he won't even try them).

I'm so glad to see you again - have a great week.

Kar

@MoonieBaby  - hey girl!  Thank you Heart good to see you too! Hope all is well

Let me know when you try this recipe.  I'm going to make it either this coming weekend or the following weekend

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Frequent Contributor

• I made this tonight and we both thought it was excellent!  
  • Will definitely make this again. 
Honored Contributor

@kekes wrote:
  • I made this tonight and we both thought it was excellent!  
  • Will definitely make this again. 

@kekes  -  thank you for the review - glad you enjoyed it Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

Oh How Yummy and Creamy and smoooooth and delicious this was. 

My husband even tried the artichokes I had in my portion of the dish, he said he had no idea they'd be so soft and flavorful.

I thought I made enough for leftovers, whatta joke - we practically licked the plates and skillet clean!

Great recipe. Thank you again.  I may cook it and bring some to my parents next time I see them in a few weeks, I know they'll love it as well.

Home run Chi - thanks again!

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@Chi-town girl 

Oh How Yummy and Creamy and smoooooth and delicious this was. 

My husband even tried the artichokes I had in my portion of the dish, he said he had no idea they'd be so soft and flavorful.

I thought I made enough for leftovers, whatta joke - we practically licked the plates and skillet clean!

Great recipe. Thank you again.  I may cook it and bring some to my parents next time I see them in a few weeks, I know they'll love it as well.

Home run Chi - thanks again!

@MoonieBaby  - thank you for testing it and posting a review Heart Glad you & DH enjoyed it!  I'm going to make it this weekend

Occasional Contributor

Made this last night. Very tasty. Will definitely make it again.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Wow chi town girl. That looks and sounds delicious.