Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I find that the sour cream gives the filling more of a cheesecake-like consistency.  Like you said, it's all in what you prefer to eat.  Cream cheese brownies are a decadent treat no matter how they are made.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'll have to find that recipe for the banana cream cheese recipe.  It's good and even more decadent than the cream cheese brownies.

I have an idea what goes into it.  It's not 'brain surgery' but I almost forgot the flour in the other one....

I'll ask my daughter if she has the recipe.  But if I know her, she'll swear she doesn't have it because she's too lazy to look for it....no wait!  That's what my oldest daughter does, this is the youngest one!  Ha!

I do remember that you take a pretty ripe banana and line the graham cracker crust bottom and sides with sliced bananas.  I remember that you put the cream cheese stuffing in it but first put cinnamon and sugar mixture all over bananas in the bottom and sides.....

I'll have to look for the recipe because I'm driving myself and probably all of you crazy trying to remember the cream cheese filling....Ugh!  Now I have a headache...if I've given you one...I apologize.

I'm going into the bedroom, eat a cream sickle and lay in bed and watch TV.

I need to find Bill the cat first.  He eats the vanilla part of the cream sickle...He's a chubby booger like his momma.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cream cheese icing

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  Found a recipe card with a former co-worker's recipe for Banana Cream Pie.  I have never made this recipe, but could it be similar to the pie you are thinking of?:

1 cup flour

1/2 cup softened butter

1 cup finely chopped pecans

8 oz softened cream cheese

1 cup powdered sugar

12 oz Cool Whip

3 big bananas

5.1 oz package instant vanilla pudding mix

1 1/2 cups cold milk

Mix flour, butter, and pecans in bowl.  Press into sides and bottom of greased 9" pie dish.  Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.  Cool.

Beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer until smooth.  Fold in 1 cup Cool Whip.  Spread over cooled crust.  Slice bananas and place on top of cream cheese mixture.

Whisk pudding mix and milk in bowl to combine.  Stir in rest of Cool Whip and spread on top of bananas.  Refrigerate. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Drythe  Here's the non-stick stuff I was talking about.  It's been some time since I bought it.  When I bought it it came in a squeeze bottle.

I've only been able to find the spray can.  Walmart, Michaels, JoAnn craft store also sells it.  It's made by Wilton.

I also sometimes use parchment paper.  I swear by those.

I'm not a very good cook, but when I do cook, it's pretty good if I say so myself!  Ha!

@Annabellethecat66 I have also used King Arthur Flour's and Williams-Sonoma's versions of this and they work great as well!  I've found all are better than the off-the-shelf version the grocery stores work.  But then I haven't bought one of those in year's.

If you don't bake a lot these all last a long time. 

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  The one I remember just has large cream cheese block (softened), at least 2 bananas (ripe), sugar, cinnamon & Sugar mixture to sprinkle all over bottom on graham cracker/banana bottom and sides (put banana sliced up against sides of crust too and on bottom).  1 tsp of lemon juice, I think 1/3 cup of sugar, Mix until fluffy and no lumps, sugar, cream cheese, lemon juice.  Pour mixture over bananas and cinnamon & sugar (that's been sprinkled).  Slice bananas lengthwise around cream cheese mixture in a circle.

OK guys you see how terrible I am at giving directions.  I just taste the cream cheese mixture and add whatever it needs AFTER I've put everything in it.

On the reverse side of the graham cracker crust you buy it has a similar recipe but I made up my own version with the bananas, etc.

I would think this time of year you could use strawberries.  That would be good too.  

In my version I use a lot of bananas (i.e. bottom and top) because my family loved it that way (plus it looks decorative the way I slice the bananas).

You guys are all better cooks and definitely better at giving directions and recipes!  Ha! 

This is a perfect example of how terrible I am at directions.  I totally apologize.  So now, who wants to take a road trip?  Ha!  You might not make it there but you'd have fun!

My grandkids joke about 'road trips with grandma'.  We end up in the right place but never get there the same way!

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess Maybe you could find someone to share these with so they won't go to waste. Maybe try one maybe these would be better than anything you've tried before.

Honored Contributor

DH makes cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting. He leaves them in the pan on the counter? Never thought I should put them in the refrigerator. LOL!!!