Valued Contributor

Cranberry Sauce with a twist

[ Edited ]

Grand Marnier Cranberry Sauce

Hi Friends... long time no see Smiley Happy I've missed this forum so much. Hope that ya'll are well.

I just wanted to share a great recipe for cranberry sauce with a little twist.
This has truly become a family favorite in our home.

12 ounces fresh cranberries

1/4 cup water

1/2 cup sugar

a pinch of salt

Juice and rind from 1 lime
juice and rind from 1 clementine

1/2 cup Grand Marnier

Add the cranberries, water, pinch of salt, clementine  juice, lime juice and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat, stir, and let it cook until the cranberries are soft, and bright-red foam has formed, about 15 minutes

Mash the cranberries with a wooden spoon, reduce the heat to low, then add the lime juice, clementine juice and Grand Marnier. Mix well and let it simmer until it has reduced to a sauce-like texture, about 10 to 15 minutes.

Remove from the heat and stir in the lime and clementine zest.

(Makes 1 pint)

-LoLa

Honored Contributor

Re: Cranberry Sauce with a twist

@LoLa wrote:

Grand Marnier Cranberry Sauce

Hi Friends... long time no see Smiley Happy I've missed this forum so much. Hope that ya'll are well.

I just wanted to share a great recipe for cranberry sauce with a little twist.
This has truly become a family favorite in our home.

12 ounces fresh cranberries

1/4 cup water

1/2 cup sugar

a pinch of salt

Juice and rind from 1 lime
juice and rind from 1 clementine

1/2 cup Grand Marnier

Add the cranberries, water, pinch of salt, clementine  juice, lime juice and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat, stir, and let it cook until the cranberries are soft, and bright-red foam has formed, about 15 minutes

Mash the cranberries with a wooden spoon, reduce the heat to low, then add the lime juice, clementine juice and Grand Marnier. Mix well and let it simmer until it has reduced to a sauce-like texture, about 10 to 15 minutes.

Remove from the heat and stir in the lime and clementine zest.

(Makes 1 pint)

-LoLa

That sounds great, I always pour some Grand Marnier in my cranberry sauce and it makes a great difference. I might try your recipe this year, thanks again.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting.  I love cranberries.  Straight up or on things.

Trusted Contributor

@ Lola...........................Hi stranger!  It is good to see you again. Where have you been??  It has been a long time!  Hope you are doing well. Your recipe sounds good...but unfortunately I am on blood thinners and cranberries are a big no no. Anyhow It is good to see you. So many of the old posters are no longere posting here. So many of them I miss..You take care my friend.

Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty   @LoLa 

I think the "@" sign has to be right next to the name in order forr her to see it, LilBitMissty, so I took the liberty of doing that for you so she will see your message.  Hope you don't mind my doing so.

Regards,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@LoLa 

Nice to see you!  Thanks for the yummy share!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

was not a big cranberry sauce eater---then I made some a few years ago and added dried cherries and cranberry rum to it and shut the front door Man Tongue----what an amazing combo---was wonderful over cream cheese and so good on turkey sammies---the booze was the thing it needed.