Trusted Contributor

Re: 🦃 Cranberry Sauce Tip 🦃

@mspatmac wrote:

I'll be the first to admit I open the can on both ends and slide into an eloongate crystal bowl that it fits into perfectly then slice.  Don't touch my Ocean Spray.  LOL

What a coincidence! Woman Very HappyThat is the exact recipe that's been passed down to four generations of my family....always the favorite......

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac wrote:

I'll be the first to admit I open the can on both ends and slide into an eloongate crystal bowl that it fits into perfectly then slice.  Don't touch my Ocean Spray.  LOL

you made me laugh! and reminded me that when my son was in school he was asked what his favorite food was to eat on thanksgiving....he told his teacher, "my mom's cranberry sauce."  his teacher asked me for my recipe!!!  it was always canned!!  when i started to make cranberry sauce from scratch....no one liked it!!

Respected Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

What a coincidence! Woman Very HappyThat is the exact recipe that's been passed down to four generations of my family....always the favorite......

That's how my mom made it, but I prefer the Ocean Spray  whole cranberry sauce.  Serve it all year round too. If I want to get really fancy, I'll add some chopped pecans or walnuts. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet