Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cranberry Relish with Horseradish ???

@Honeybit  Look what I found...

gigi_7

I have been making this delicious cranberry mold every Thanksgiving and Christmas since the late '70's. It is fabulous with turkey, ham or beef!

SPICED CRANBERRY RELISH MOLD

2 (3-oz each) raspberry jello
1 cup boiling water
2 cans (1 pound each) whole berry cranberry sauce
1/2 cup FRESH lemon juice
1/4 cup bottled horseradish*
1/8 tsp. salt

Dissolve jello in boiling water. Add cranberry sauce and break it up with a wodden spoon. Stir until thoroughly combined. Stir in lemon juice, horseradish and salt.

Pour into a 4-cup mold and chill until firm.

When ready to serve, unmold on to serving dish. Garnish with chicory and cranberries coated with egg white and sugar.

* The original recipe called for bottled red horseradish which I cannot always find. I usually just use white prepared horseradish.

Hope this is your recipe.  It has all the same ingredients. 
You would not have found it by "googling."  It was in the comments on another recipe! 

Respected Contributor

@Zhills   Kudos to you for finding this!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks.  It wasn't skill, it was curiosity and almost an accident!  Glad I was able to locate it.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Thanks.  It wasn't skill, it was curiosity and almost an accident!  Glad I was able to locate it.  Enjoy!

@Zhills good on you my friend as I spent a lot of time on it and came up with nothing.  Thank you so much for helping and sharing as I think others may add this to their holiday table!  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Honeybit. Did you see that I found your recipe?  Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zhills

Oh, you clever girl!  However did you do it? (Seriously, how DID you find it?)  I've been fighting with Pinterest again and came here to report another defeat. The first thing I saw when I logged in was that you had posted another message. Thank you so much for your time in digging it out -- it sounds EXACTLY the way she described it.  I'll take it to her at church tomorrow with your special wishes for her holiday table. 

Five Forks Up, my friend!

ETA -- I didn't read beyond the recipe until after I posted and saw you had found it in a comment.  I enjoy tracking down recipe mysteries, too.  I'm still out the lookout for a fruit recipe mstraditional was hunting several years ago.  The 'long lost" treasures somehow stick in my head. 

Trusted Contributor

By the way, for anyone still tuned in, here's the recipe with ginger that I found:

Renee’s Cranberry Sauce with Ginger

2 bags of fresh cranberries, washed and drained

2 cups sugar (cut down -- don’t fill each measuring cup full)

2 cups water

Fresh ginger root

Orange ring

Toasted Pecans

(Juice of 1/2 small orange)

Boil water with sugar until dissolved. Grate peeled ginger and orange rind fine.  Add about 1 tsp each.  Add cranberries.  Simmer until cranberries pop.  Add orange juice.  Let cool and store in refrigerator.  Add toasted pecans before serving to keep pecans crisp.

This did not taste enough of ginger for me, so I sliced 5 or 6 coins of ginger and let them simmer with the berries. I took them out after the berries cooled -- they were really tasty and tender “candied cranberry ginger.”  Next time, cut into smaller pieces and leave in the sauce.

Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe

Thank you, too, for spending time searching.  As always, "you're a mate!"