Honored Contributor

Happy Friday Recipe Friends 😊

Thanks for the alternative recipes!

Last year I made a number of side dishes, appetizers etc in advance of the big day - worked out well! I'm going to do it again this year. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl   Thanks for sharing.  Will try one of these variations.  My brother gave me one close to @deepwaterdotter MIL’s recipe.  I have been making it for 20 years.  Delicious!  Yep, a stick of butter!  Can’t go wrong!  

You both post great recipes.  Always looking for something new.  

Valued Contributor

I use the same recipe, it is a must for all our holiday dinners!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

Re: Corn Casserole

[ Edited ]

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

If you want original sourcing and pictures, this recipe was presented by Sarah McClellan and can be found online at Bon Appétit. Originally published in 2016, but republished recently to enjoy for Thanksgiving. 

The Cheesy Corn Casserole I Make Every Thanksgiving
Spiked with chopped jalapeños and garlic, this easy corn casserole is a rich, creamy, decadent side dish.
BY SARAH MCLELLAN

October 10, 2022

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@Chi-town girl   Thanks for sharing.  Will try one of these variations.  My brother gave me one close to @deepwaterdotter MIL’s recipe.  I have been making it for 20 years.  Delicious!  Yep, a stick of butter!  Can’t go wrong!  

You both post great recipes.  Always looking for something new.  

Thank you @lynnie61  - Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 

Honored Contributor

@Chicagoan wrote:

I use the same recipe, it is a must for all our holiday dinners!

Thank you @Chicagoan - We are BLESSED 😇 Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Chi-town girl this is a must at my thanksgiving table!

Thank you @Luvsmyfam - Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Chi-town girl I just copied this very same recipe yesterday! Am excited to try it at Thanksgiving for something different. I will take out the seeds though of the Jalapeno....Thanks for posting!

@CANDLEQUEEN - we like it hot and spicy 🌶 Seeds will be in mine - I hope I picked a hot jalapeño - sone can be whimpy, 😂 

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

My ideal Thanksgiving menu would have corn casserole and squash as the vegetables (of course, potatoes are a must for Thanksgiving). Often times, I do the standard green bean casserole.

@AuntG - we are going to have several veggie side dishes. I'm making 3 of them - this corn casserole, a 'fresh' green bean casserole using the recipe on the bag of fried onions that I bought at Costco using fresh green beans, cremini mushrooms and crock pot mushrooms. 

Our guests are bringing sweet potato casserole and a bunch of appetizers. We plan it such that there are plenty of leftovers for everyone 😉