Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Perusing recipes for Thanksgiving feast. I know there are many versions of Corn Casseroles. Please post your fav's

How to make Cheesy Corn Casserole:

Start by sautéing 1 jalapeño, chopped (take out the seeds if you don’t want the green chile’s heat), and 2 cloves garlic, chopped, in a medium saucepan until they’re fragrant and just starting to soften.

Add 2 15-oz. cans whole-kernel corn (not creamed corn), 8 oz. cream cheese, 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, a large handful of grated cheddar cheese (½–¾ cup), and about ¼ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese. Stir until it's melty.

Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Do a taste test—determine it needs more cheese, add more cheese.

Pour the corn kernel mixture into a buttered 13x9" casserole dish, then sprinkle the top with ½ cup breadcrumbs (fresh or dried), another ½ cup finely shredded parm, and a handful of chopped fresh herbs (a mix of thyme and sage, or whatever Is on hand after cooking the turkey).

Bake at 375° until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the breadcrumbs are a crispy golden brown—cook time, about 15 minutes. If you are feeling extra fancy, you could toss a handful of chopped green onions or chives on top to garnish, but it doesn’t need it.

You can totally prep this ahead of time: Choose a baking dish with a lid (or cover the dish with plastic wrap) and refrigerate the casserole for up to three days, so it’s lying in wait for bake time. But do hold the breadcrumb topping until you’re ready for the oven

Oh my goodness!  After making that dip you posted awhile back I will now make this recipe for Thanksgiving.  Everyone coming for the holidays loves corn!  I can't eat it unfortunately, but this is going to be a hit with everyone.  Thanks for sharing the recipe!  Smiley Happy

@Qshopper1991 - Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Hi Recipe Friends! Everyone ready for Thanksgiving!?!

All of my shopping is finished and decorating 👏🏻

Now I'm starting with advance preparation. Will be making this Corn Casserole tonight - will put the bread topping on Thursday before the final step of baking it

Also making the cranberry sauce tonight

Wishing you all - much LOVE, JOY and FUN with your loved ones, family & friends 💝

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Chi-town Girl!  Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  The corn casserole was a HIT!  Thanks so much for posting the recipe!  

Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

Thanks Chi-town Girl!  Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  The corn casserole was a HIT!  Thanks so much for posting the recipe!  

@Qshopper1991 - I'm so glad it was a good dish for your Thanksgiving ♥️ It was also for ours 

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  Sounds delish and easy!

-Solar Smiley Happy