Respected Contributor
On 3/26/2015 Lost in Yonkers said:

I make this all the time, but my recipe must be double because it takes two packages of corn bread and two cans of both styles of corn. I'm curious if you all drain your whole kernel corn? I think I did that the first time I made it and thought I must have done it wrong. Seemed dry. Now I don't drain the corn and just assumed that was the liquid needed for the corn bread mix. Any thoughts?

Interesting, think I'll try that next time, I always drained, but you have given me a good idea, Thanx

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/26/2015 Gooday said:
On 3/26/2015 Sparkeys Girl said:

<p class="MsoNormal">This is the recipe I use. My family loves it and I do use the Jiffy Mix.

<p class="MsoNormal">Servings: 8

<p class="MsoNormal">INGREDIENTS:

<p class="MsoNormal">1/2 cup butter, melted

<p class="MsoNormal">2 eggs, beaten

<p class="MsoNormal">1 (8.5 ounce) package dry corn bread mix

<p class="MsoNormal">1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained

<p class="MsoNormal">1 (14.75 ounce) can creamed corn

<p class="MsoNormal">1 cup sour cream

<p class="MsoNormal">

<p class="MsoNormal">DIRECTIONS:

<p class="MsoNormal">1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking

<p class="MsoNormal">dish.

<p class="MsoNormal">

<p class="MsoNormal">2. In a medium bowl, combine butter, eggs, corn bread mix, whole and creamed corn and sour cream. Spoon mixture into prepared dish.

<p class="MsoNormal">

<p class="MsoNormal">3. Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden brown.

<p class="MsoNormal">

<p class="MsoNormal">The ingredients can be doubled and baked in a 9x13 inch baking dish in almost the

<p class="MsoNormal">same amount of cooking time.

I use the EXACT same recipe and it's delicious. The nice thing about this is that it tastes just as good the next day. It has a good "shelf" life. I have it with coffee in the morning sometimes.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/26/2015 TallKris1025 said:

I make the same receipt as Gooday.. but substitute French Onion dip for the Sour cream. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} always a huge hit for holidays and pot lucks!

I didn't even notice that the onion is missing from this recipe. I always use 1/2 of a white onion, chopped small. I saute it in the butter called for in the recipe until it starts to brown and then dump the whole thing, onions and butter into the batter. Yum!

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor
She looks great!
Super Contributor
Sounds yummy!
Super Contributor
On 4/1/2015 PenneyT said: Sounds yummy!