Honored Contributor

$2.99 a pound at Aldi's yesterday, limit 6. I saw people buying all six.

Trusted Contributor

At times like this I am glad that I am a vegan.  I have no use for butter at all.  

Valued Contributor

We bake a lot. Not just for Christmas or Thanksgiving but all year. Butter has gotten to be over the top in price. That is why I ran to one of the local grocery stores for a 1 lb package of butter for 2.99. I went to other stores in the area on the way home because to go to the store and the price of gas I had to make it worth it.

Trusted Contributor

This week our grocery store included a coupon for 1 lb. of their butter - free!  Yay.  Can't do better than that.  I also had a $10.00 coupon if I spent $75.00.  And that wasn't hard to do.  Next week we'll pick up our free turkey.

Respected Contributor

On Monday I paid $14.79 at BJ's for for 4 1-pound boxes of butter, so that comes to $3.70 per pound. I've been buying butter every other week to stock up for my Christmas cookie baking. Lately, I've been going through the butter baking blueberry muffins and a pound cake recipe that uses 2 sticks of butter (and a cup of sour cream). Given what I've been hearing about the price of butter in other stores, I haven't even looked at other brands of butter. BJ's had a coupon for Land o' Lakes butter, but their own brand was still a better buy. 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@AuntG 

Ours was $2.49 at Aldi's started this past Weds.!!!!

I bought 6 and sent DH to the store near his work to buy 6 more.

It is listed in our ad for next week at that price as well.

My location sold out before 5 pm.  Had a sign they did not know when the next delivery would be.

Prev. I paid $3.99 at Wegmans.

Esteemed Contributor

Paid $2.99 lb today and bought 6. When my husband questioned me on why we have so much butter (had lots in freezer). I just smiled. The man has no idea how much butter we go thru during the holidays.

For some reason the eggs have not gone way up. But holy cow...sugar is expensive. I guess I have not been paying attention to sugar prices. Ouch.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

Bought some at Aldi yesterday.

It is baking time and butter is needed.

Trusted Contributor

With prices so high, it’s cheaper just to buy a cow and milk it your self.

Trusted Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@AuntG I was just going to post that. I got 2 lbs at Aldi for $2.99 each.