Honored Contributor

Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cookies - 1.9 Million TikTok 'Likes'

I'm not a big baker, but these cookies sound delish, only 5 ingredients & easy instructions. I have all of the ingredients except the Oreo cookies...added to the next grocery run list Woman Wink Enjoy!

Soft, chewy, and delicious. Double Stuf Oreos is suggested, but you can use whatever brand of chocolate sandwich cookies you like -  Joe-Joe's from Trader Joe's is also good.

download (37).jpg

Ingredients
  • 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened

• 2 sticks butter, softened

• 1½ cups sugar

• 2 cups flour

• 20 chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped

Method
  1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar using a hand or stand mixer until well-blended. This should take a couple of minutes. You could use a whisk to do this by hand, just expect an intense arm workout.

2. Slowly add flour and mix until fully incorporated.

3. Gently fold-in cookies. 

4. Cover your bowl with plastic wrap and chill the cookie dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Chilling the dough is key here! The fat in the dough needs to solidify a bit to hold their shape while baking.

5. When you're ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350°F. On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, roll dough into balls using a cookie scoop (or 2 Tbsp. per cookie). Gently press the dough down with the back of a spoon to make a cookie shape. Tip: spray the spoon with nonstick spray first to prevent sticking.

6. Bake 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown and the center is puffed up. Let them cool on the pan for 5 minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Re: Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cookies - 1.9 Million TikTok 'Likes'

I'm going to try making these using lemon sandwich cookies and a spoonful of lemon juice, instead of the Oreos.  Maybe a lemon glaze on top if they need it.  I will let you know how they turn out!

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I'm going to try making these using lemon sandwich cookies and a spoonful of lemon juice, instead of the Oreos.  Maybe a lemon glaze on top if they need it.  I will let you know how they turn out!

Oh @alicedee  lemon substitute sounds AMAZING, especially for summer!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl I made these cookies this afternoon using lemon sandwich cookies and adding a tablespoon of lemon juice to the batter.

They were good...but I thought they needed something else, so I made a glaze with powdered sugar and lemon juice.  That was a good touch...added just the right bit of flavor.

Thanks for the easy recipe!

135619A9-CA1F-4992-8EFA-13EA662E7C45.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@Chi-town girl I made these cookies this afternoon using lemon sandwich cookies and adding a tablespoon of lemon juice to the batter.

They were good...but I thought they needed something else, so I made a glaze with powdered sugar and lemon juice.  That was a good touch...added just the right bit of flavor.

Thanks for the easy recipe!

135619A9-CA1F-4992-8EFA-13EA662E7C45.jpeg

@alicedee  - YUM, looks scrumptious Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

Thank you for posting this recipe.  I have added it to my recipe collection.  I am a chocoholic so I know this is something I'll like, especially since it seems easy to make.

@alicedee 

What type of flour did you use... all-purpose or self-rising?  Your cookies looked so good!  I really like your idea of using lemon sandwich cookies.  I think when I get around to trying this recipe, I will probably use either some limoncello (auto-correct can really irk me as it had changed this liqueur name to 'Monticello' 😡) or lemon curd.  I just happen to have  both on hand.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vabreeze wrote:

@alicedee 

What type of flour did you use... all-purpose or self-rising?  Your cookies looked so good!  I really like your idea of using lemon sandwich cookies.  I think when I get around to trying this recipe, I will probably use either some limoncello (auto-correct can really irk me as it had changed this liqueur name to 'Monticello' 😡) or lemon curd.  I just happen to have  both on hand.

@vabreeze I used all purpose flour.  One thing to note....I chilled the dough for 30 minutes for the first two pans, and that worked fine.  I left the remaining dough in the fridge for an hour while the pans cooled....and that dough got really hard!  I had to chisel it out and kinda roll each cookie in my hands before putting on the pan.  It was only 8 cookies in that last batch, and they baked fine, so no big deal.  But if you have a third cookie sheet I would use it as soon as the first ones come out of the oven.  Your additions sound tasty....I think you will be pleased!

edited to add....I used unsalted butter because I had two sticks I needed to use up.  But I usually have salted butter, and I would not hesitate to use that.

Trusted Contributor

@alicedee \

Thanks so much for the info!!!

Super Contributor

Sure, all fat. 2 sticks of butter and 8 oz. of cream cheese? They sound awful!!!

Respected Contributor

@camelot wrote:

Sure, all fat. 2 sticks of butter and 8 oz. of cream cheese? They sound awful!!!

Well I will be sure not to invite you over for any.