Contributor

Today at Ollies, there were many cookbooks that have been offered on ITKWD in the past.  They were a fraction (some $2.99/$3.99/$7.99) of the on-air cost. These are not those that have been recently presented but maybe a couple of years ago.  I enjoyed browsing and appreciated the reduced cost!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Daisy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cookbooks at Ollies!

[ Edited ]

@ Daisy Lady, Never heard of Ollies but it seems I have one about 1 1/2 hrs away.  Will check it out.  Thanks for the info

.Boop

Honored Contributor

Tomorrow is my husband's family (cousins) Christmas party. We were in Ollies about a month ago and I picked out several cookbooks that I really caught my eye. I thought they would make a great gift. My husband nixed the idea. And since it was his family and I was reaching to come up with ideas, I put them back.

Fast forward today. Still had no gifts. So what did I end up buying? A cookbook. So I could have bought at least 5 cookbooks at Ollies or the one I got today.

The 5 cookbooks I picked in Ollie's were quite a variety - Crockpot brand cookbook, Southern Living favorite recipes, recipes that take about 1/2 an hour to make and cook, recipes that kids could make and the last one was basically healthy recipes.

It is a pollyanna gift. And the majority of female cousins have kids under 8. 

Hope someone will like it. And now I wished I bought the cookbooks from Ollies. But I kept thinking a better idea would suddenly appear.

Honored Contributor

The first Ollie’s store opened in the area where I live.  The owners are local guys.  Ollie is the man who financed their idea for the store.  

There was an article written that explained how H&M stores are failing, but Ollie’s is thriving and opening more and more stores every year.

i was there last week and purchased adult coloring books for $1.99.  Those same books are selling for $19.99 elsewhere.

It’s a hit or miss place, but I have to say that I have gotten some great bargains there over the past 35 years.  Some of the bed linens I have purchased have lasted me 20 years or so.  They have had “ Country Curtains” from that expensive catalog, Rachel Ray and Paul’s Dean stuff. I even saw a brand new Speed Queen clothes washer there.

I love to shop at Ollie’s.

Contributor

There are hundreds of cookbooks on display at Ollies.  Make sure to allow enough time if you go.  They also have a nice selection of books for children.

Daisy

Respected Contributor

Re: Cookbooks at Ollies!

[ Edited ]

At Ollies I got Martha Stewarts Cooking School Cookbook for $9.99, retail price was $45.00, plus s/h.