Respected Contributor

This was DELICIOUS!  Next time I make it, I won't make it for company.  I'll make it for the two of us and freeze portions.  That's how much I love it!!!

Company's Coming Casserole

Ingredients:

12 to 16 oz Egg noodles, cooked

1/2 cup dry white wine or water

1 lb Lean ground beef

1 cup onion, finely diced

8 oz Cream cheese

1 cup cottage cheese

2 tsp garlic salt

2 cups sour cream

1/2 tsp black pepper

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

16 oz tomato sauce

1 to 2 cups garlic croutons, crushed

1 tsp dried Italian seasoning

3 Tbsp butter, cut in small pieces

1 tsp sugar

(I would add broccoli or spinach on one layer - after the cheese layer.  Also, I did not use croutons.)

Directions:

Brown beef & onion in a large skillet. Drain grease. Season with salt & pepper. Stir in tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, sugar & wine (or water). Cook for a few mins. Remove from heat. In a bowl beat together cream cheese, cottage cheese & sour cream. Spoon 1/2 of the noodles into a 9 x 13" casserole that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cover noodles with cheese mixture, then the rest of the noodles. Pour the meat mixture evenly on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, croutons & then dot with butter. Bake in a preheated 350 oven 35 to 45 mins.

This is where I obtained the recipe:

https://fox11online.com/living/living-with-amy/companys-coming-casserole

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

Re: Company's Coming Casserole

@spent2much This sounds delicious and deefinitely something I would like to try.

I like your idea of adding the layer of well drained cooked spinach or broccoli.

Thank you for sharing.

aroc3435 

Honored Contributor

Looks yummy and very much like my Noodlebake.  Did you see that one?20200409_000549.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, @spent2much, for sharing this recipe!  I've saved it to make when I have the opportunity to take a meal to homeless veterans being given a hand up at a local shelter specifically for them.  I always substitute chicken or beef broth where wine is a listed ingredient (and water doesn't add flavor😉) because I don't know what challenges these gentlemen may have overcome.  And I will include a green veggie as you suggested.  Oh, yeah, I a!so like this for me as well!!!

Respected Contributor

@spent2much What's not to like?  This sounds delicious!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds yummy. 

Respected Contributor

@vabreeze Thanks for the suggestion to add broth.  I added water.  The broth will make it all that more flavorful.  

Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Looks yummy and very much like my Noodlebake.  Did you see that one?20200409_000549.jpg

@ECBG No, I didn't see your recipe for Noodlebake.  It looks good, also.  Would you mind reposting it?

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  Aha!  I just found it.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

That's very similar to my Quick Lasagna recipe. I agree it's a very good casserole.