Honored Contributor

Re: Cold Brew Coffee - Iced Lattes - I’m on a Binge!

I make iced lattes with 2 shots of Nespresso espresso, whatever milk is in the fridge, and sometimes a little Whole Foods Coffee creamer--vanilla.  

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

What is HWC?

@Iwantcoffee  Heavy whipping cream...for those of us who live a low carb/keto lifestyle for our health.

Even half & half has too much carbs/sugar.

For you and anyone else who would like to learn more about dairy products...specifically about carbs/sugar, Dr Ken Berry has 2 great videos on youtube...titles below...

Is Dairy Scary?? Inflammation & Obesity Concerns - 2021

Drinking Dairy (Good, Bad and Delicious) 2021

Thanks! I usually drink hot, black coffee but I do like iced coffee on a hot summer afternoon. 

Honored Contributor

Try using the caramel Premier Protein shake in your iced coffee.....yum!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess, I've been using the Cafe Latte flavor in my hot coffee....delicious, too. Guess I'll have to try the iced coffee this summer! The Premier Protein Shakes are so good - by themselves or as an add-in to coffee.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Try using the caramel Premier Protein shake in your iced coffee.....yum!

I'm sure it's tasty, but I have a set amount of protein to consume for the day and that would be way too much to waste on a drink.  

Trusted Contributor

Wow, that's interesting. I will have to try that. 

Frequent Contributor

Got a cold brew container and make it yourself..  It steeps in the fridge for 24 hours..and its made all wth way with COLD water..no heat..look at amazon for one..its about $10 and worth every penny

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I  also really like ,i make my own, amazon carries several cold brew pitchers, i like mine with whipped goats milk,and a little cinnamon.

@goldensrbest You aren't going to believe this one.  I got started down this road after visiting a farmers market and a local guy was selling assorted coffees.  He had a kit with 2 oz. vacuum sealed bags of coffee and muslin bags that you're supposed to dump the coffee in and then put that in the pitcher of water, and into the fridge to steep.  I was going to go back to the farmers market this week and buy more but then it dawned on me that I could just use my own coffee and find some cheap brewing bags on Amazon.  So I placed an order. Let's just say I won't have to shop for bags for 3-4 yrs.  Smiley Embarassed  In the meantime, I was looking in my lazy susan cabinet for something and you'll never guess what I found.  Yep, a cold brew pitcher.  I have no recollecton of ever buying it.  Anyway, I tried it and I actually like the bag method better.  I have several Longaberger 2 qt. pitchers so my brewing situation is very good.  LOL Smiley LOL

I saw those bags ,on amazon.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

If you have stomach issues, cold brew coffee has much less acid than hot brewed coffee.  Same caffeine content.  Switched a few months ago with positive results.

Cold brew is not the same as Iced coffee! 

Cold brew is brewed in cold water.  I get the Java House liquid cold brew pods from Amazon and heat them for hot coffee in the morning.  Heating up isn't brewing!  Brewing makes the difference!

Love the cold brew iced coffee in the afternoons!

Trusted Contributor

Do you ever use the Trader Joe's cold brewed ?

I haven't tried it.