Honored Contributor

Cold Brew Coffee - Iced Lattes - I’m on a Binge!

[ Edited ]

Call me late to the party but I've just discovered cold brew coffee.  Once brewed, pour in a glass of ice, add a little sweetener and a little HWC. Voila, iced lattes!  I currently have three brews in my fridge, regular, caramel, and mocha. Mmm, so good! 😋  zero carbs (or just 1, depending on the brand of HWC, and only 50 calories.)

Honored Contributor

Re: Cold Brew Coffee - Iced Lattes - I’m on a Binge!

McDonalds also make s sugar free version. It is delicious.

bigbadwolf
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

McDonalds also make s sugar free version. It is delicious.

@Group 5 minus 1  unfortunately, they make theirs with whole milk, which has sugar.  The small French Vanilla has 17 grams of carbs and 150 calories.  My version has zero carbs and only 50 calories for an 8-10 oz. serving. 

Honored Contributor

I  also really like ,i make my own, amazon carries several cold brew pitchers, i like mine with whipped goats milk,and a little cinnamon.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

What is HWC?

Honored Contributor

9AE5F539-75FE-402A-B872-7A5A49D79776.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I'm also on a cold brew kick.  I use Dunkin Cold Brew. I make it in a glass Ball pitcher.  I use half and half pods.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

What is HWC?

@Iwantcoffee  Heavy whipping cream...for those of us who live a low carb/keto lifestyle for our health.

Even half & half has too much carbs/sugar.

For you and anyone else who would like to learn more about dairy products...specifically about carbs/sugar, Dr Ken Berry has 2 great videos on youtube...titles below...

Is Dairy Scary?? Inflammation & Obesity Concerns - 2021

Drinking Dairy (Good, Bad and Delicious) 2021

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I  also really like ,i make my own, amazon carries several cold brew pitchers, i like mine with whipped goats milk,and a little cinnamon.

@goldensrbest You aren't going to believe this one.  I got started down this road after visiting a farmers market and a local guy was selling assorted coffees.  He had a kit with 2 oz. vacuum sealed bags of coffee and muslin bags that you're supposed to dump the coffee in and then put that in the pitcher of water, and into the fridge to steep.  I was going to go back to the farmers market this week and buy more but then it dawned on me that I could just use my own coffee and find some cheap brewing bags on Amazon.  So I placed an order. Let's just say I won't have to shop for bags for 3-4 yrs.  Smiley Embarassed  In the meantime, I was looking in my lazy susan cabinet for something and you'll never guess what I found.  Yep, a cold brew pitcher.  I have no recollecton of ever buying it.  Anyway, I tried it and I actually like the bag method better.  I have several Longaberger 2 qt. pitchers so my brewing situation is very good.  LOL Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  when my daughter and I like to partake of anything latte, we jokingly call it our 🎵 mocha chocha latta ya ya 🎵 time.  ☕🍫🍶💙

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread