Respected Contributor

Re: Coffee cookies with Mocha frosting

@CAcableGirl2 

This looks so delicious. I think i would try using instant coffee dry and add some kahlua to the icing. Then I would have my private moment!

doxie

Respected Contributor

Thanks! I Love Coffee treats!  One question, ( because I'M such a stickler for directions it stops me in my tracks sometimes) The 2.5 cups flour.  Is it  sift the flour then measure 2.5 cups? or measure 2.5 cups THEN sift?   ( see what I mean? Smiley FrustratedHeart)

These sound SOO good!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@candys mine  As for sifting the flour, I can't even remember, as I've probably done it both ways before since I've probably made these over 100 times.  Most likely, it's supposed to be measured and then sifted with the other ingredients.

Good luck, you will really like these cookies...and the poster who mentioned Kalua....what a great idea!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

Well, @CAcableGirl2 , I made your wonderful cookies today, and even Mr. Picky, my son, loved them.  They even taste good without the icing on them, sort of like perfectly rounded ginger bread cookies.  I wil definitely consider adding some Kahlua to the icing recipe the next time, just for fun.

Respected Contributor

@Jersey Born  So glad you posted to tell me that you and family liked them!

I have to admit that I've been too lazy to frost them at times and we ended up eating all of them plain.

......You look like I need a drink.....