Respected Contributor

@Keeper of the koi , here is the pared-down recipe.

Coconut Rice

2 cups White Rice
2 ½ cups Water
13.5 ounce can Coconut Milk (well shaken)

1 teaspoon salt
½ cup shredded Sweetened Coconut (lightly toasted)
½ cup Golden Raisins (soaked in warm water for 5 minutes)
3 Scallions (thinly sliced on a bias; plus more for garnish)
Peanuts, toasted and chopped

Rinse rice under cool running water. Combine the rice, water, coconut milk and a teaspoon of salt in a medium sauce pot. Over high heat, bring to a boil then reduce to a low simmer. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Check doneness then remove from heat. Allow rice to sit for 8 to 10 minutes covered before fluffing with a fork.

Stir in the toasted coconut, drained golden raisins and sliced scallions. Garnish with peanuts and more scallions.

@Keeper of the koi, the following sauce was poured over seared chicken thighs (that were covered with 1 cup of orange marmalade and an inch of peeled, grated ginger, a possibility for your shrimp, too) before the pan was put into the oven for 40 minutes. After it came out of the oven, the thighs were set aside, and the sauce was thickened on the stove top. I’m including it because I thought it might complement your tiger shrimp with the rice.

Orange Sauce

1 ½ cups freshly squeezed Orange Juice
1 cup White Wine
1/4 cup Brown Sugar

Reduce over a medium heat. Simmer until desired consistency. Serve over coconut rice. Garnish with peanuts and sliced scallions.

Mrs. G’s notes: I used Jasmine rice, which was cooked in around fifteen minutes.

The wine we used was a Chardonnay.

Please let me know how this works for you. I might use this variation myself later in the Spring. 

Edited to add salt to the ingredient list.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG

I'm not Keeper, but thanks for the yummy recipes!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@IamMrsG   

Thanks for posting -- I do love rice and this one sounds like perfection in a rice bowl.

If you have a large library near you, take a look for a little book called "Cooking With Rice" by Paul Eve.  It's a fascinating look at the history of cultures around the world and the way they use rice. Make sure you're not hungry before you start reading. 

Valued Contributor

@IamMrsG, That was so very kind of you to post this for me!I am going to make this with  my shrimp Wendsday.I lt sounds yummy.Will let you know how it turns out

Again thank you sweet girl...Maryanne

Valued Contributor

I'm going to make this. Thanks for posting it!

Valued Contributor

wow... your recipe sounds delicious.  I can not wait to try it....thank you

lucky

Respected Contributor

Re: Coconut Rice

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom  @Honeybit  @Keeper of the koi @KLm @lucky-girl

Y'all are very welcome.  I hope you enjoy these sides to Ginger-Orange Chicken with Coconut Rice.

Edited to fix link.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.