Honored Contributor

Re: Claussen Pickle Shortage?

Well, my Kroger doesn't have them either.  I asked one of the workers if there was a Claussen pickle shortage and he said he had actually been asked that by several people.  Popular pickles.  I looked at the Boars Head ones, but they didn't have the sandwich slices, so I settled on the Kroger brand sandwich slices.  If I find some Claussen before I open them, I may give them to the next food drive. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie I'm curious as to where you live.  Not specifically, more regionally.  I'm wondering if it's a Southern thing or something.  I've been to 3 different stores and a friend of mine says she hasn't been able to get them on her end of town either.  I'm even wondering if some sandwich shops are buying them up for their businesses.  Maybe we need a limit on how many people can buy.  They had a limit on Boston Butts this weekend.

No Claussen Pickles.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess   Harrisburg, PA area.

I just checked and they are still available to buy.  There are much less expensive here too.

468619AD-4008-4929-93BE-D8F0307F43B2.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Carmie I guess the way they're selling down here in AL they know they can charge a premium for them.

The store I went to this morning was also out of Finish Jet Dry.  

Frequent Contributor

I can't find them in my area of North Central Arkansas either. I've been to 2 towns today looking for them. Also Hostess Raspberry Zingers are nowhere to be found either.