Honored Contributor

I don't buy them that often, so I was surprised to see not one jar of Claussen Pickles in my local grocery store.  Plenty of other brands on the store shelves, but no Claussen.

Respected Contributor

Re: Claussen Pickle Shortage?

Today I bougt a brand that I've not tried before.  I couldn't find my usual brand on the shelf so I bought a small jar of Mt Olive to try.  Have to say they are pretty good because I ate half the jar for lunch  lol  They are a tad bit milder than the others but I will buy again.

Regular Contributor

Claussen pickles are found in thr grocery deli section cold area .

Honored Contributor

@shelbyshelbyshelby wrote:

Claussen pickles are found in thr grocery deli section cold area .

@shelbyshelbyshelby  Actually, at my store they are in the meat section at the back of the store.  The deli section is in a different area of the store.  But, there was a whole shelf in the meats section that was empty and the tags on that shelf was for Claussen Pickles so I know I was looking in the right place.  I just thought it odd that there were plenty of other pickles (on the regular store shelves) and no Claussen pickles.

Honored Contributor

There is no shortage in my area.  I buy a jar or two everythime I go to the store. I always have them and make sure I never run out.

I have two family members who think they are a food group all on their own.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

There is no shortage in my area.  I buy a jar or two everythime I go to the store. I always have them and make sure I never run out.

I have two family members who think they are a food group all on their own.

@Carmie too bad you can't send me a jar of the sandwich slices.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   I wish I could send you a jar too.  I have an unopened jar of the sandwich slices in my fridge now. Those are my favorite.  

Honored Contributor

Oh no!

Now I can't get pregnant. I'll not have pickles to go with my ice cream. 

It's forced family planning, I tell ya! A conspiracy! LOL

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio there are plenty of pickles if you want to get pregnant, just not Claussen.  Maybe the shortage was caused by all the new pregnancies this lockdown surely has caused. Do pregnant women prefer Claussen?  Inquiring minds want to know, LOL.

@Carmie Thanks.  This is not somehting directly tied to the Pandemic since I bought my current jar a couple of months ago when my bread came back on the store shelves.  I've been eating more sandwiches since I got my bread back, and they had plenty of Claussen pickles then.  Surely our Governor's extension of our Safer at Home order didn't cause a run on pickles.

Honored Contributor

I always bought Mt Olive brand pickles, sweet and dill chips, then branched out to Vlasic.   Now my family is hooked on Vlasic dill chips.  

I found a sweet, hot pickle chip by Bell-View that my family loves so much, we have 4 jars in the pantry right now.   

I have never bought Claussen pickles!