Respected Contributor

RespectLife, I have not tried this one yet, and would be appreciative, if you do,  to hear your opinion of it.

Cider Pecan Pork Tenderloin

1 pork tenderloin
1/2 cup apple cider

Marinate pork in cider at least 8 hours, or overnight.

Rub:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup pecans

Combine brown sugar, mustard, salt, and garlic. Spread over tenderloin. Roll in pecans.

Bake at 400ºF for 30 minutes.

Remove from oven and cover with foil. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Re: Cider Pecan Pork Tenderloin

Thank you!  I will definitely let you know how we liked it once I try it.  It won't be long b4 cider is readily available!!

Honored Contributor

Ok, I know I am exactly what you two accomplished cooks need but I live in an area that does not stock apple cider even in season.

My question is, how gross would it be to substitute the powdered version I bought to compensate for this gross neglect on our storekeepers part?

IamMrsG, both of the pork recipes you posted today look absolutely delicious (I am fascinated with the one that you cut up the pork loin and make that delicious compound butter to lay on top of the slices!).

And hey, welcome back Respect.  Hope you enjoyed your time off!

Respected Contributor

mtc wrote:  My question is, how gross would it be to substitute the powdered version I bought to compensate for this gross neglect on our storekeepers part?

...I am fascinated with the one that you cut up the pork loin and make that delicious compound butter to lay on top of the slices!).

Mtc, I've never heard of powdered apple cider.  I'd mix a batch and taste it before deciding to use it on the pork.  If that failed, I'd substitute apple juice.  

I encourage you to try the Pork Tenderloin / Parmesan Wine Crust  recipe.  It is really, really good.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

mtc wrote:  My question is, how gross would it be to substitute the powdered version I bought to compensate for this gross neglect on our storekeepers part?

...I am fascinated with the one that you cut up the pork loin and make that delicious compound butter to lay on top of the slices!).

Mtc, I've never heard of powdered apple cider.  I'd mix a batch and taste it before deciding to use it on the pork.  If that failed, I'd substitute apple juice.  

I encourage you to try the Pork Tenderloin / Parmesan Wine Crust  recipe.  It is really, really good.  

Powdered apple cider.  Doesn't it sound disgusting?   Sigh, we have been blessed  lately to get a lot of great stores that stock natural products.  Maybe one of those will have real apple cider . . . Smiley Happy

I am definitely going to try that Pork Tenderloin with the Parmesan Wine Crust.  I have to admit, I love just a roasted pork roast (the one with a layer of fat on top, wince) but this recipe just sounds to die for.  I am all in on this one.

Thanks for the help, I always appreciate it!