Valued Contributor

This is not a recipe but "recipes" from QVC vendors. I got the six pack jars of Germack snack mixes. Have always purchased in the past, but this year the one with the little sesame crackers in it, ended up costing me to lose a crown for good. The tooth cracked and had to be pulled. They were EXTEMELY hard and I should have not eaten them. I just now cancelled the set of TSV caramel apples due to the poor reviews. People stating the candies on them are so hard they are afraid of breaking a tooth. I do not need that problem again. What is going on with the food line QVC is selling. Old products or what? Anyone else experiencing food product problems from what QVC is selling? I do not normally buy their food products except around Christmas for small gift giving. Some for me and some for gifts.

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas food from QVC.

Even the caramel apples could pull a crown off.

It's best to give the food items to others, so they can deal with dental fallout. if any.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I learned he hard way to never buy anything without first reading the reviews.  It is very costly when you don't know the good and bad points about a purchase.  Therefore I donot order the TVS's because there are usually no reviews on them.

Esteemed Contributor

Got a refund and in to the trash they went.  Bought years ago - wasn't impressed but decided to give them another whirl - 2 tins for neighbors 

This time they tasted dry and stale - nothing with a sprinkle of salt or any zip. Review said too many old peanuts - not what advertised.  I left a Review saying Wally must have left the warehouse - new management or something.

Honored Contributor

@dmeasy    It's got nothing to do with QVC food.  You can break a tooth or lose a filling eating anything, especially if you've had previous work on the tooth.  I once broke and upper front tooth pulling the soft meat off a rib bone.   I'd had a root canal on it which made it brittle. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I purchased quite a few gourmet food items from QVC and always pleased.  No Germack, though. 

I'd give the over 15 items I purchased in the past 5 and 10 stars.  Some I reorder every year to give as gifts.  

What was it in the mix that was so hard?  Not saying it is so, but I wonder if your crown might have been a bit loose just waiting for an accident to happen.  Not so loose you would have noticed.  

Of course, I don't know, but I have never been disappointed with food I purchased from QVC.  There's always a first, though.

Honored Contributor

We have some that was gifted to my DH and it was fresh. Actually it's quite good.

Honored Contributor

The apples are made fresh just before shipping. 

Nothing stale about them but caramel is caramel! 

Anyone with iffy dental should avoid them,  I would think!

Honored Contributor

IMO---think the food is way over priced and mediocre at best.  I prefer to shop my local vendors---Have a store called Made in Washington, that is awesome.

Esteemed Contributor

I do purchase food from QVC, but more at holiday time as I gift some products.  Have to say, QVC food items are hit or miss.  Some I have on reorder and some I have requested refund.