Respected Contributor

Christmas (Holiday) Candies

[ Edited ]

Do any of you ladies have any Christmas candy recipes that you make and that you would share.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Christmas (Holiday) Candies

I'm sorry I don't have any but would love an easy recipe for maple walnut fudge.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is a reliable and easy chocolate fudge recipe:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

3 cups Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips

2 cups mini marshmallows

1 can sweetened condensed milk

2 tbsp butter

1 tsp vanilla

pinch of salt

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microwave chocolate chips, marshmallows, sweetened condensed milk, butter, and salt in bowl at 45-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth. Stir in vanilla.

Stir in nuts if desired.

Line 9X9" pan with foil, then spray foil with PAM. Spread fudge in pan.

Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set (2 hours in my fridge).

Respected Contributor

There's a recipe I have made for many years called Fantasy Fudge...you can find the recipe on the jar of Kraft Marshmallow Creme..it's easy and delicious...

Honored Contributor

@sannwrote:

There's a recipe I have made for many years called Fantasy Fudge...you can find the recipe on the jar of Kraft Marshmallow Creme..it's easy and delicious...

@sann

My fav fudge!

Remember in the early 2000's they cut back on the butter and changed to margarine! The fudge wouldn't set up firm! Cooks everywhere were upset, especially because it couldn't be a gift semi-hard!

I may have gotten the year wrong, but we had just started being able to google a recipe!

Fantasy Fudge

"This recipe used to be found on the back of a of Kraft marshmallow cream. Many were surprised when it was changed. This is the original! You may find that most packages of chocolate chips are 10 ounces now; 12 ounces of chocolate chips is roughly 2 cups."

Ingredients

• 3 cups white sugar
  • 3/4 cup margarine
  • 2/3 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1. Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
  2. Mix sugar, margarine, and evaporated milk in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a slow full boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly registering 234 degrees on candy thermometer.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and thoroughly combined. Beat in marshmallow cream, walnuts, and vanilla extract. Transfer fudge to the prepared pan and let cool before cutting into squares.
Honored Contributor

@KatieB

not exactly a candy, but these are super easy and pretty to make.

OVERNIGHT COOKIES (we make them in the evening and leave them overnight in the oven)

2 large egg whites, room temperature

1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

2/3 cup superfine granulated sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup hersheys mint chocolate chips (if you cannot find these, use regular or semisweet chocolate chips and use peppermint extract instead of the vanilla extract.)

couple drops of food coloring, if desired.....i use green and/or red for the christmas holidays.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and beat until fluffy but not at all dry. (Be careful not to over beat.) Add the sugar gradually, about 3 tablespoons at a time. When 1/2 of the sugar has been added, add the vanilla extract. Continue beating and adding remaining sugar in batches, until all of the sugar is dissolved and the meringue is very shiny and tight. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and food coloring. Working one teaspoon at a time, push a teaspoonful of meringue from the tip of 1 teaspoon with the back of another teaspoon onto the lined baking sheets, leaving 1-inch of space between cookies. Place baking sheets in the preheated oven and turn the oven off. Leave the cookies (undisturbed) in the oven for at least 2 hours and up to overnight, or until cookies are crisp and dry.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@ECBGwrote:

@sannwrote:

@sann

My fav fudge!

Remember in the early 2000's they cut back on the butter and changed to margarine! The fudge wouldn't set up firm! Cooks everywhere were upset, especially because it couldn't be a gift semi-hard!

I may have gotten the year wrong, but we had just started being able to google a recipe!

Fantasy Fudge

"This recipe used to be found on the back of a of Kraft marshmallow cream. Many were surprised when it was changed. This is the original! You may find that most packages of chocolate chips are 10 ounces now; 12 ounces of chocolate chips is roughly 2 cups."

Ingredients

• 3 cups white sugar
  • 3/4 cup margarine
  • 2/3 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1. Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
  2. Mix sugar, margarine, and evaporated milk in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a slow full boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly registering 234 degrees on candy thermometer.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and thoroughly combined. Beat in marshmallow cream, walnuts, and vanilla extract. Transfer fudge to the prepared pan and let cool before cutting into squares.

The jar of marshmallow creme I just purchased now says butter or margarine... I never use margarine but whatever one's preference...anyway always a hit...of course absolutely delicious 😋

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish I had some fancier recipies for you, but I'm ALL about the easy.( Nice way of saying I am completly inept at the whole candy making process.)

But maybe someone would like a QED ( Quick. Easy. Done ) goodie recipe.

Sweets for those of us who are Candy Making Challanged.

2 recipies that I think have been posted by the wonderful contributors here at one time or another. So thanks to all for your Ideas!

***1) Rolo Pretzel Turtles

1 bag or some rolls of ROLO chocolate covered caremel candies

Mini Pretzels

Pecan halves

Preheat the oven to 325

Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil

place one mini pretzel on sheet

place one rolo on top of pretzel

warm in the oven for about 2 minutes to get the chololate candy softened.

Take out of the oven and squish a pecan half into the softened rolo.

Refridgerate to harden the candy again and serve.

***2) Drunken cherry bites- Adults ONLY.

1 jar Maricheno cherries with stems

white chocolate dipping /coating candy

Alcohol- Fireball, amareto, vanilla vodka etc....

sprinkles

Empty the juice fom the cherry bottle ( save it for something else, it's tasty)

replace liquid with the alcohol of your choice.

Let sit in fridge for at least 24 hours the longer they sit the stronger the flavour.

When ready to assemble

Drain cheries saving the alcohol for cocktails

Dry them VERY WELL so the melted coating sill stick and the liquid doesn't sieze up you chocolate.

Melt the white chocolate and dip cherries 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up, you want some red cherry showing.

Dip the bottom into the sprinkles and set on parchment or wax paper,

Refridgerate.

****What the Heck is going on with the spacing here?

Honored Contributor

Peanut Butter Balls and Saltine Toffee Treats are all I can handle. I don't own a candy thermometer, and I wouldn't even attempt making things like oysters, divinity or caramels.

Trusted Contributor

@KatieB  Mr. Food website has a recipe for Reindeer fudge, it's easy and delicious.  I make it every year.