Valued Contributor

@deepwaterdotter- Thanks for sharing your recipe. I am going to try this one this year. Sounds yummy!

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Cookies

[ Edited ]

I don't  freeze them, a bunch of us make cookies together two weeks before Christmas.  We do it over a weekend, Saturday in one kitchen and Sunday in another friend's kitchen.  My bff has two ovens so we love it when she hosts one of the cookie making parties.  We store our cookies in air tight tins.  If you put a piece of parchment paper between each layer of cookies and then put a slice of white bread in the tin (or a tortilla), the cookies stay fresh through the holidays.  We each bake 2-3 of our favorites and divide them up.   

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, Anjalelna

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I've been searching online for low carb/keto cookie recipes and have narrowed it down to a few I want to try. I've been making a list of all the particular ingredients I'll need and have to order most online.

I'm definitely on a new adventure Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2  I love to bake - especially cookies.  I start in November and make the doughs.  Balls for some like chocolate chip, peanut butter etc, roll  out cut outs for things like sugar, Swedish Tea.  I then put them in containers (mostly Lock N Lock) with plastic wrap or waxed paper for the cut out ones between each layer, freeze and then can just bake in December.  I wrap well with plastic wrap lined containers and either waxed paper or plastic wrap between and freeze.  They last a year as I still have some up to November to enjoy.  I also make and freeze the filling for Lady Locks.  

I make several hundred dozen and around 15 - 20 different kinds and at least 3 batches or more of each.  This works for me so I am usually not rushed and can just do a little each day. 

Esteemed Contributor

Most of the time now I just make drop cookies because you can't mess those up. I never freeze. They are in my husband's stomach way before I would even think of what to freeze them in.

But, to those who freeze - doesn't the freezing alter the flavor?

The other thing...while a cookie tray with assorted cookies looks so nice, after a while, the flavors blend. They all seem to take on the same non-descript taste. My DM, who was a top-notch cookie baker, used to do that. As long as they were separated, they were excellent.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

Most of the time now I just make drop cookies because you can't mess those up. I never freeze. They are in my husband's stomach way before I would even think of what to freeze them in.

But, to those who freeze - doesn't the freezing alter the flavor?

The other thing...while a cookie tray with assorted cookies looks so nice, after a while, the flavors blend. They all seem to take on the same non-descript taste. My DM, who was a top-notch cookie baker, used to do that. As long as they were separated, they were excellent.

@Harpa......I freeze all the time - it does not alter the flavor at all, just wrap well.  I do agree with you on the assorted cookies on one plate - my neighbor would give us a small pizza box size of cookies - about 5 different types in the box.  We never eat them the flavors had blended together and tasted awful.

When I gift food items (cookies, candy) I use the holiday food bags (tall and slender style) and put one style of cookie or candy in each bag and then buy an appropriate size gift bag to hold the smaller bags.  A tray looks nice but ruins the flavor.

Respected Contributor

@Pook...several HUNDRED dozen? My goodnees!!!

Respected Contributor

I give tins of cookies to our friends for Christmas and usually start baking them about 10 days before Christmas. At this time, baking cookies is my primary activity and DH and DS know to stay out of my way. I make chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, shortbreads, oatmeal raisin cookies, roll-out butter cookies, tea time tassies, macaroons and chocolate fudge. I’m always scanning magazines for anything that looks interesting, but they have to be fairly simple. I bake the “heartier” cookies like chocolate chips and shortbread at the beginning and the more fragile ones like tea time tassies and macaroons at the end of the schedule. I make chocolate fudge towards the middle and keep it covered in the basement fridge. I prefer not to freeze my cookies; instead, I keep them in Lock and Lock containers until I make up my gift tins.