Esteemed Contributor

Christmas Breakfast Casserole

1 Pound Bulk Sausage

Non-Stick Cooking Spray

2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Divided

1 Can Condensed Cream Of Chicken Soup

2 Cups Sour Cream

1 Cup Chopped Onion

1 Cup Chopped Green Pepper (Optional:  Add Red Pepper also)

1/4 Teaspoon Salt (Optional)

1/8 Teasoon Pepper (Optional)

1 32 Ounce Shredded Hashbrowns

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9x13 inch casserole baking dish.  Heat large skillet over medium heat.  Add sausage; cook to 6-7 minutes until crumbled and browned, stirring occasionally.  Set aside.

Stir together 1 1/2 cups cheese, soup, sour cream, cooked sausage, onion, bell pepper, salt & pepper in a large bowl.  Fold in hash browns until well combined.  Spread the hash brown mixture into the prepared pan.  Bake 50 minutes.  Remove and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until top is golden brown.  Let stand for 5 minutes.

Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas Breakfast Casserole

@CareBears   Sounds very good.  I will definitely use this recipe..  Thank You...

Frequent Contributor

This does sound good!

Ebery Christmas since my son was born my dad and his wife, my mom and her husband(they travel and stay with us) and my in-laws  come to our house for breakfast on Christmas morning.  These casseroles are a life saver

1 pkg. shredded O'Brien (with the peppers and onions) frozen hash browns

1 tube Jimmy Dean Hot sausage browned (says HOT but isn't in this -it just adds flavor)

1 small can green chilis

2 cups cheddar cheese

14-16 eggs

2 cups milk

salt, pepper and whatever other seasonings you like

stir all ingredients in large bowl and pour into 9x13 greased pan

bake 375 about 40-55 minutes...testing center for doneness

My family likes this better than some of the bread based btrekfast casseroles due to texture

Serve. With fresh fruit

Honored Contributor

Baked your recipe this morning. Only did not have that much sour cream so added evaporated milk and it still turned out fine.