New Contributor

Chocolate peanutbutter-Banana Cream Pie from today show with David

I wanted to make the pie from todays show but I can not find the recipie

Honored Contributor

Re: Chocolate peanutbutter-Banana Cream Pie from today show with David

https://www.qvc.com/PeanutbutterCreamPie.content.html?viewType=gallery&pageSize=96&redirh=t

Peanut Butter-Chocolate Banana Cream Pie

Prep time: 1 hour (total time: 4–5 hours)
Serves 10–12

Ingredients: Crust:
  • 24 peanut butter sandwich cookies
  • 5 Tbsp butter, melted
Filling:
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 3 Tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
  • 2 medium bananas
  • 1 (3.4-oz) box instant banana cream pudding
  • 1-3/4 cups milk
  • 1-1/2 cups whipped topping, divided
  • 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
Preparation:
  • To make the crust, pulse the cookies in a food processor until they're finely chopped. Transfer the finely chopped cookies to a mixing bowl, then stir in the melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie plate. Chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.

• To make the filling, heat the heavy cream and peanut butter in a small saucepan until the mixture comes to a simmer. Add the chocolate chips and let them sit for a minute or two, then stir until smooth.

• Sprinkle the dry-roasted peanuts over the bottom of the crust. Then, pour the melted chocolate mixture over the peanuts and smooth out with a spatula. Chill for 2 hours, or until the chocolate is cold and firm to the touch. Slice the bananas about 1/4" thick and layer them over the chocolate layer.

• In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, add the instant pudding and milk and mix on medium speed until the pudding starts to thicken (about 3–4 minutes). Fold 1/2 cup of the whipped topping into the pudding. Spread the pudding over the banana layer and chill for another 2 hours.

• When ready to serve, spread the remaining whipped topping over the pudding layer and drizzle with the chocolate syrup.

https://images.qvc.com/is/image/pic/cd/PeanutButter-ChocolateBananaCreamPie_325x325.jpg?qlt=97,1

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

So very kind of you to post the recipe!

Thank you!

New Contributor

Thank you  for posting the recipe for me so quickly. I have to bring something to a potluck at work and this will be perfect!