Contributor

Would anyone know, I have a baby shower next weekend and I need to made chocolate dip pretzels about 40 . Cold I make them this weekend and then bag them and keep an a dry area and still be good for next weekend? Or is this not a good ideal?

Thank you

Bird

Honored Contributor

Bag them in an air tight bag (Food Saver) or container & put in the fridge until you are ready to go to the shower.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I looked online & it says chocolate dipped pretzels should have the same shelf life as pretzels not dipped in chocolate or maybe longer with the chocolate. Don't put them in the refrigerator or freezer because the moisture can get instead them causing them to go stale faster.

I'll stop by this weekend to try them out for you. LOL!!! YUM!!!

Honored Contributor

I do these for Christmas and they stay fresh for over a month in a container.  BAD news for me!!!  LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chocolate dip pretzels

[ Edited ]

@LBird 

Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, I used to make candy and sell it.  I didn't make chocolate covered pretzels unless asked to, but I have made plenty since then.  I agree, do not refrigerate your pretzels.  The moisture may ruin the appearance of your hard work.  I think you will be fine if you store your pretzels in a Lock N Lock or similar product with wax paper between the layers.  Store in a cool place such as your basement or garage if you live in a cooler climate.  You can repackage your gifts as you wish when you are ready to give them.  They should be fine for at least a month if not longer.  

Honored Contributor

Why make them when Trader Joes sells really good ones in a bag? Are you decorating them? Seems like alot of work to me.

Contributor

Thanks everyone for the tip on the pretzels, but bad news for me I did not make them over the wekend. one thing or another happened . So when I get off work on Wednesday guess what I'm doing. I will be dipping and decorating all in one night. Wish me luck it will be a busy week with lots to do for the baby shower.

thanks

Bird

Trusted Contributor

I have made these in the microwave.  Place candy kiss on mini pretzels melt for a couple seconds and then add M&M candy when they come out of the microwave.

Boop