Honored Contributor

Chocolate Snowball Cookies

26CC741C-DE34-4438-BE02-342443AB8E7A.jpeg

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + coolingYIELD: 6 dozen.

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup 2% milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup baking cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • Confectioners' sugar

Directions

• 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add the egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
  • 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° until tops are crackled, 7-8 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Roll in confectioners' sugar.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chocolate Snowball Cookies

Thank you! I printed it and will make these for Christmas Eve dinner! They look delicious!! 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Thank you! I printed it and will make these for Christmas Eve dinner! They look delicious!! 

@Effie54 - you're welcome! Hope you & yours LOVE them 🎄

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 - you're welcome! Hope you & yours LOVE them 🎄

I know they will....and so will I. I'm a cookie lover! 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the delicious cookie recipes @Chi-town girl.  I make the chocolate ones too.  Now I need to try the other recipes....especially the Key Lime ones...😋.