Honored Contributor

Re: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake!

@Hoovermom wrote:

@house_cat :  I know I have put on 10 pounds just from viewing your goodies.  Peanut butter and chocolate are my favorite and wish I could bake this one.  You have some very lucky friends ...... sorry but I don't believe your cupcakes were not very good.....LOL.

Thank you, @Hoovermom .  I'm glad you enjoy the recipes. I try to post simple ones, because I'm not a fussy cook or baker. If it has too many steps or ingredients, I'm immediately turned off.  This one, though, was definitely worth the trouble.

As for the cupcakes, I had one last night and it was very good. The texture and taste were excellent and I would try that recipe again. I'm not sure why my batch turned out so ugly.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

You're killing me.  Death by cake!  LOL

Trusted Contributor

Your cake looks fabulously delicious and calorie-laden, or did the calories bake out in the oven?  Since I live by myself, I would not make the cake, but I think the peanut butter frosting sounds delicious on graham crackers.  

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

@wismiss 

Totally calorie free!  I had DH bring it to a friend of ours for her birthday.  If there's one thing you can't do in a Zoom meeting, it's share birthday cake... or calories!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat 

https://youtu.be/nH2R6PjyJ9s

I never made anything of hers but she has the black bottom cupcake and 2:30 she said she changed up her regular chocolate recipe bc it wouldn't hold up the cheese cake on top

worth a view - but then the recipe worked for Joyofbaking so Idk but I'm glad it tasted delicious

is your cupcake flat or did the cheesecake surprise sunk in?

ur PB chocolate cake looks devine - I neve made PB anything cuz I would eat the whole thing - maybe I'll try and (grumble grumble) share - sigh

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey 

Thank you for the video. I'm going to examine it and see how it's different from the recipe I used.  In my case, the cheesecake part sunk to the middle, but I have to admit that after eating two of them so far, they are really, really yummy! They are rich and satisfying - no frosting or glaze is required, in fact, I think that would detract from the taste and I don't recommend it.

~ house cat ~