Honored Contributor

I'm thinking this year (season) I need to bake bars and cookies.  Realized that I have 4 books on cookies alone, who knew, and I think cookies may be a better idea than a pie around here.  Maybe it'll slow down the snacking. LOL.  (I don't mean me).  

What do you make around your home?  Do you do more pies, cakes, or whatever?  

Trusted Contributor

Pies, Bundt cakes and breads (zuke, cranberry, etc.) are my go-to's.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

Fruit crumbles. Drop cookies.

Trusted Contributor

I make trips to Costco's for their hard plastic, snap-close containers of delicious chunky chocolate chip cookies.

Honored Contributor

We rarely have desserts, but my family prefers bundt cake, cookies, or cobblers.   

Super Contributor

QualityGal, and everyone else baking this season, please post photos of your baked goodies. If they turn out good, please post recipes.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I'm thinking this year (season) I need to bake bars and cookies.  Realized that I have 4 books on cookies alone, who knew, and I think cookies may be a better idea than a pie around here.  Maybe it'll slow down the snacking. LOL.  (I don't mean me).  

What do you make around your home?  Do you do more pies, cakes, or whatever?  

I have been making muffins for my husband to take in his lunch.

I have also been making brownies lately, too.

I also like easy "dump" cakes, where you just need a few ingredients, and you're ready to go. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chocolate Chip cookies

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal Baking is my superpower and my apron is my cape, LOL!  I am always baking, so I bake a variety of everything, I try to push myself past my comfort zone, and challenge myself to bake something new, over the 4th of July I used a decorator gun to make our cupcakes festive in red, white & blue, I cannot get too fancy I have desterity problems with my right hand, so I have to stay within my limits

Honored Contributor

@CareBears, There she is, Might Bear!!! LOL

I love the "cape" part!! LOL

I'm doing pumpkin bread in awhile, next week I want to do goulash.  I love goulash.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal I am making smaller loaves of Pumpkin Bread and then freezing them so have as gifts when unexpected occasions come up!