Respected Contributor

Chocolate Carrot Cake ?? Ever heard or had this before??

[ Edited ]

We ate lunch in a restaurant and this was one of the cakes to try. I'd never heard of it before and got a slice. I wonder if they used baby food carrots, a can of pureed carrots or fresh grated carrots. I didn't see any grated carrot. The next day I called back to find out. They didn't know, said she would ask her cake lady who made it. I left my #. Hope she calls back. Really good cake, I have a few recipes I printed off to try. Just wondering.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chocolate Carrot Cake ?? Ever heard or had this before??

I taught Foods as well as Adv. Foods.  I have often heard of using baby food carrots in carrot cake as well as running across it.

The baby food will give you a great product.

Honored Contributor

Why couldn't you just run canned carrots through a blender or food processor?  Wouldn't you essentially end up with the same thing as baby food? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Never heard of chocolate carrot cake just googled it and there are a ton of recipes. Carrot cake is one of my favorites but since no one in the house likes it, I will not make it just for me. Chocolate & carrot cake together sounds great.

Honored Contributor

@Barbarainnc

Was the restaurant a chain or privately owned? If you decide to make your own, will you please post the recipe? 

This cake sounds delicious 😋 

Honored Contributor

You can make any cake "chocolate" by adding 3T cocoa powder to the batter

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Not a chain, just a local town eating place.Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

You know, I just don't find the idea of a choc carrot cake very appealing, kind of like choc covered bacon. And I am a snobby, chocoholic true blue. I would have to try some tho. I believe carrot cake should always be in it's purest delicious form.