Respected Contributor

One of my favorite new cookbooks is "Your Cup of Cake." The recipes usually start with a cake mix, and I emailed the author to ask what size she's using - the new, smaller one, or the old standard size, since the recipes don't specify. I was amazed that she got back to me within hours! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} She uses the new size in her recipes, and she said that Pillsbury gives the best results.

Chocolate Bacon Bundt Cake

/><br/> <br/> Ingredients<br/> <br/> Chocolate Cake:<br/> 1 box devil's food cake mix<br/> 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix<br/> 4 eggs<br/> 2/3 C. oil<br/> 1 C. sour cream<br/> 3/4 C. buttermilk or milk<br/> 2 tsp. vanilla extract<br/> 1 1/2 C. mini chocolate chips</p> <p><br/> Chocolate Glaze:<br/> 1/3 C. unsweetened cocoa powder<br/> 1 1/2 C. powdered sugar<br/> 3 Tbsp. butter, melted<br/> 2-4 Tbsp. milk<br/> 6-8 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled<br/> <br/> Directions<br/> 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your Bundt pan well.<br/> 2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl to remove any lumps and add instant pudding mix to it.<br/> 3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, sour cream, buttermilk and vanilla.<br/> 4. Stir in cake mix and instant pudding mix until smooth.<br/> 5. Add chocolate chips and stir again.<br/> 6. Dump into prepared pan and spread out evenly.<br/> 7. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.<br/> 8. Glaze: Combine powdered sugar, butter and 2 Tbsp. milk. Add more milk if needed to reach a pourable consistency.<br/> 9. Pour glaze over cooled cake and spindle bacon on top. Go heavy on the bacon, your man will appreciate it.</p>