Valued Contributor

Just made one and it is delicious!

Respected Contributor

i made one for today. lemon. used plain yogurt instead of the water.  it was very moist and good.

Honored Contributor

@GiantsLover : I bake with different cake mixes and use extra ingredients to make them better and always make my frosting. What are your favorite brands? Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

I don't use cake mixes and haven't in many years--too much garbage ingredients in them. I have a few-- from scratch-- basic cakes that I make when I need to bake. I know what I put into them and they taste amazing without all the junk.

Valued Contributor

Re: Chocolae box cake mix

[ Edited ]

Southern Bee:

I also make my own cake mixes which can be Googled, and in the search bar type in home made cake mix and you will see the variety available.

In a pinch if unexpected company comes I always have some cake mixes in my pantry, and I love to stock up on Duncan Hines Cake Mixes when on sale.

I believe all of Duncan Hines cake mixes are moist but I sometimes do doctor them up by adding the following:  milk, Kahlua liquor, or Grand Manier orange liquor instead of  other liquids.

To home made chocolate cake mixes I use 2 tablespoons Hersheys real cocoa powder, and 1 teaspoon pure U.S.A. vanilla extract, and a little dark coffee. All 3 ingredients give home made cake mixes a real punch, and they taste delicious!!!!

After greasing my baking pans, even non stick pans with Crisco shortening I also use Hershey cocoa powder to dust thv baking pans when making Chocolate cakes.  

To home made Chocolate cake mixes I use 2 tablespoons Hersheys real cocoa powder, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and a little dark coffee.

All 3 ingredients give home made cake mixes a real punch, and they taste delicious!!!!

Honored Contributor

@GiantsLover : I use DH but disappointed because they changed the recipe for the classic butter cake mix that I always used for my basic mix. I appreciate the information for cake mix recipes. Southern Bee 

Valued Contributor

I detest it when they change a great recipe and know how you feel Southern Bee.

You are always welcome and many thanks for all your replies.

Glad to make new friends here, so again thanks Southern Bee.

Valued Contributor

Southern Bee:

Take a look at this website for great cake recipes and tips.

https://www.allthingsmamma.com/coconut-cream-cupcakes.

Honored Contributor

@GiantsLover : Thank you. Just looked and sounds delish, I need to make cupcakes for portion control. I appreciate you taking the extra time to help. Southern Bee 

Valued Contributor

My pleasure Southern Bee, and enjoy everythingSmiley Happy.