Honored Contributor

Chilled Peanut Chicken Noodle Salad (Food Network)

Poaching chicken in a peanut butter broth brings nuttiness into each bite. The flavorful poaching liquid then becomes the base for the dressing in this light, easy noodle salad. ..

• Level: Easy
  • Total: 35 min
  • Prep: 20 min
  • Cook: 15 min
  • Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients

Kosher salt

1/2 cup smooth peanut butter

1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 12 ounces), sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick

1/4 cup rice vinegar

2 tablespoons soy sauce

2 tablespoons Sriracha, or more as needed

4 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)

6 ounces thin rice noodles (vermicelli)

1 romaine heart, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)

2 Persian cucumbers or 1 regular cucumber, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)

1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced

1 cup loosely packed roughly chopped fresh cilantro (from about 1 medium bunch)

Lime wedges, for serving

Directions

1. START THE WATER: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
  2. POACH THE CHICKEN: Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a simmer in a medium skillet. Whisk in the peanut butter, then add the chicken. Cook over medium-low heat at a bare simmer until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a plate; continue to simmer the sauce until thickened and reduced by about half, about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and whisk in the vinegar, soy sauce, Sriracha, and scallions. Cool slightly.
  3. COOK THE NOODLES: Add the rice noodles to the boiling water and cook until almost tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Drain the noodles very well, tossing with tongs to release as much water as possible. Snip the noodles with scissors a few times to cut the long strands.
  4. TOSS THE SALAD: Toss the noodles with the romaine, cucumbers, bell pepper, half of the cilantro, and just enough dressing to coat. Season with salt. Divide among 4 bowls and top with the chicken. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top and garnish with the remaining cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Re: Chilled Peanut Chicken Noodle Salad (Food Network)

@Chi-town girl  thanks for the post.  Going to try this

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Poaching chicken in a peanut butter broth brings nuttiness into each bite. The flavorful poaching liquid then becomes the base for the dressing in this light, easy noodle salad. ..

• Level: Easy
  • Total: 35 min
  • Prep: 20 min
  • Cook: 15 min
  • Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients

Kosher salt

1/2 cup smooth peanut butter

1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 12 ounces), sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick

1/4 cup rice vinegar

2 tablespoons soy sauce

2 tablespoons Sriracha, or more as needed

4 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)

6 ounces thin rice noodles (vermicelli)

1 romaine heart, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)

2 Persian cucumbers or 1 regular cucumber, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)

1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced

1 cup loosely packed roughly chopped fresh cilantro (from about 1 medium bunch)

Lime wedges, for serving

Directions

1. START THE WATER: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
  2. POACH THE CHICKEN: Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a simmer in a medium skillet. Whisk in the peanut butter, then add the chicken. Cook over medium-low heat at a bare simmer until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a plate; continue to simmer the sauce until thickened and reduced by about half, about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and whisk in the vinegar, soy sauce, Sriracha, and scallions. Cool slightly.
  3. COOK THE NOODLES: Add the rice noodles to the boiling water and cook until almost tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Drain the noodles very well, tossing with tongs to release as much water as possible. Snip the noodles with scissors a few times to cut the long strands.
  4. TOSS THE SALAD: Toss the noodles with the romaine, cucumbers, bell pepper, half of the cilantro, and just enough dressing to coat. Season with salt. Divide among 4 bowls and top with the chicken. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top and garnish with the remaining cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.

@Chi-town girl , I've made this and it's delicious !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 - thank you for the positive review of the recipe. This will be good to have for hot summer days and for lunch box

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl Sounds good, looks good, I would imagine it tastes good.   Must try!

Super Contributor

YUM, I love peanut chicken, and in a salad, just makes it better.  Thank you, I have copied and saved your recipe and will try in the days ahead.  I, of course the heat seeker that I am, will Increase the Sirrachea, maybe even add a little chinese chilli sauce.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl , thanks a bunch for this; I'm going to try it! When I was younger, the family would visit a restaurant that served peanut soup. Never had I ever heard of it but it was so yummy that everytime we passed that old country restaurant, I wanted to stop for the treat. I am definitely excited to fix this!