Respected Contributor

Re: Chilled Golden Tomato Bisque

@ChrisMatthews  You're welcome and a big Welcome to Recipes.  I think you'll find we're a friendly and well fed bunch.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

....speaking of cold soups@ Mrs.G, they require blending....or processing!

Did you decide on replacement yet?

We have a couple of farmer's markets here on weekends. There is one stand that sells the beautiful heirloom tomatoes-and we have had draught, so I hope with controlled watering, they are on the more flavorful side!

The soup is on my menu this weekend and I am taking your sherry/ balsamic advice.

As the entree, I am grilling skin on, boneless duck breast! I am over the moon happy about them! 

D'artagnon has them, but the price really limited the frequency. Maple Leaf Farms makes it affordable!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2 is

Respected Contributor

@Poodlepet2  Oh, I envy your access to good tomatoes this early in the season!  It will be at least August before they will be available here.  My taste buds are already looking forward to Panzanella, but I will wait for vine-ripened fruit. 

Grilled duck breast?  Hmm, that's one I have not tried, but am curious now. "Do tell." 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Hi Mrs.G!  When it comes to techniques and new ways to cook anything duck, I visit their web-site. I use it more for techniques because accessibility to duck has been fairly recent.....and it is different than chicken!

Poodlepet2