Trusted Contributor

Chicken noodle soup with golden "nugget?"

Not a recipe per se, but I'm trying to recall the brand name of a packaged chicken noodle soup that touted the little golden ball of flavor that dissoved upon cooking. Does anyone remember this?

Respected Contributor

Re: Chicken noodle soup with golden "nugget?"

[ Edited ]

@madzonie wrote:

Not a recipe per se, but I'm trying to recall the brand name of a packaged chicken noodle soup that touted the little golden ball of flavor that dissoved upon cooking. Does anyone remember this?

@madzonie , Google says the brand was Mrs. Grass.

This is from a Wikipedia article:

"Mrs. Grass soup was unique with its inclusion of a self-contained 'magic egg', which Wyler’s calls the Golden Flavor Nugget. The Golden Flavor Nugget dissolved as it boiled, releasing oils and chicken bouillon into the water"

Respected Contributor

Loved Mrs Grass as a kid. That’s what we called it too.

Esteemed Contributor

Definately Mrs. Grass.  I have 4 dual boxes in my pantry, some are double noodles.  DH loves this soup.  I always buy a bunch when we run low. 

Trusted Contributor

You are all right! 

Mrs. Grass's chicken noodle soup...a favorite from my childhood and I still buy it today.  The flavor was good and I liked the little noodles.  Good comfort food in the cold months or if I was sick.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

You are all right! 

Mrs. Grass's chicken noodle soup...a favorite from my childhood and I still buy it today.  The flavor was good and I liked the little noodles.  Good comfort food in the cold months or if I was sick.

Yes, this is my soup for a stomach upset, or a cold. Always have it in my cupboard, but now you get a packet of the flavoring. I haven't seen the little eggs for awhile. I throw the noodles away and sip the soup, from a cup.

Trusted Contributor

THANK YOU everyone! I’m going to find some at my grocery store! 

Honored Contributor

Never heard of it. I made my own chicken noodle soup last week when I got hungry for it. Yum!!!

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Mrs. Grass.  It is hard to find lately around here, only the Market Basket carries it now. I noticed it no longer has the golden nugget anymore Smiley Sad .  But it is still a favorite go to quick soup.  

Respected Contributor

@madzonie I am pretty sure it was calledSmiley Indifferent Mrs. Grass's, loved it ate it all the time , but had to give it up because of all the sodium.