Occasional Contributor

Does anyone have a good recipe for chicken fajitas?

Trusted Contributor

Try these recipes:https://www.southernliving.com/food/whats-for-supper/make-it-mexican-tonight?did=540614-20200708&utm...

You can also find great recipes on All Recipes, Martha Stewart, Saveur, and Foodnetwork.  The essential ingredients are bell peppers, onions, spices (chili powder, adobo, garlic, cumin, etc. depending on taste) and garnishes of pico de gallo, avocado, lime juice and so on. You can make your own tortillas or purchase pre-made.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chicken fajitas?

[ Edited ]

I always made Sara Lee's Semi-Homemade slow cooker dump recipe for fajitas and my sons love it. 

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Cavime wrote:

Does anyone have a good recipe for chicken fajitas?

This is my go to chicken fajita recipe.  My picky family, a husband who doesn't like chicken and a daughter who doesn't like many things, enjoys it.  It's very easy to make.

Betty Crocker Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas:

1 Large Onion

1 Medium Red Bell Pepper

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 package (1 oz.) Old El Paso fajita seasoning mix (I like McCorkmicks better)

2 Tablespoons vegetable oil

6 soft tortillas (fajita size) 

Heat oven to 400.  Spray 13 x 9 inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.  Cut onion and bell pepper into even slices, place in baking dish.

Cut chicken breats into thin strips, add to vegetables in dish.  Sprinkle with seasoning mix, drizzle with oil.  Stir until combined and pieces are coated.

Bake 35 to 40 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking, until chicken is no longer pink in center.

Spoon small amount of chicken and veggies onto each tortillas.  Top with desired toppings:  sour cream, salsa, etc.

Note:  I like veggies, so I use a red pepper and a green pepper.  I stir more often than once in oven.  Mine oven cooks fast.  I also warm the tortillas in foil in the oven with the fajitas the last few minutes of cooking.  

Honored Contributor
I buy Tyson frozen chicken strips, heat them in a skillet with a packet of taco seasoning, along with strips of onion and pepper. Spoon into a warm tortilla and add whatever toppings you like.
Respected Contributor

I've made SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS from the Food Network.  SO EASY and very good.  I add a few additional spices that I have on hand like garlic, cumin, smoked paprika and chipotle chili pepper, which make it a better dish, IMO  ...  i also throw in a jalapeno.  It calls for you to BROIL everything in the oven so watch closely since this cooks pretty fast.  Some people commented that they baked it at 425 for 25 mins instead.  I place my rack one level down when broiling.  The recipe takes about 15 mins under the broiler and is so easy,  as is clean up. 

I think adding your own spices in addition to what is called for is a plus.  I do that with most things if nec. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Chicken fajitas?

[ Edited ]

TASTE OF HOME sent me a free magazine and the only recipe I clipped out was for Chicken Fajitas. I plan to make it next month.

Super Contributor

I use the McCormick's packet also, but a friend told me this and it is awesome.  Instead of mixing with water - mix with beer.  It really gives it a good flavor.