Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chicken and Tuna Salad Ideas Anyone?

Thank you @IamMrsG .

I'm gonna try this recipe next week - it's supposed to be hot and humid around here and that'll be a delicious meal!!!!Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Meowingkitty .  Gonna try you recipe with the chicken.  Can't use onions 'cause have to share with Eddy so I think I'll substitute grape tomatoes (his favorite - yes, I buy tomatoes for my furbabyWoman LOL)!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanx @deepwaterdotter .  Gonna try that but think will sub green peppers for the onions (my furbaby always has to 'sample' momma;s foodWoman LOL.  It sound yummy!

Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@eddyandme For tuna salad I like finely minced onion and a little crushed celery seed.  Sometimes instead of the celery seed I add a slight bit of well drained capers with the typical mayo mixture.  

Another way I've done tuna salad is to use Italian canned tuna, olive oil, and well drained capers and finely minced onion and raw garlic, scooped onto a bed of Bibb lettuce. 

For chicken salad I like to add some fresh or dried tarragon or some celery seed.  I like dark meat along with white meat in my mix.

If you like ham salad I add some Heinz (first preference) dill relish and some finely chopped hard boiled eggs.  You can use sweet relish or mustard relish instead, but I prefer the dill.

aroc3435 

Thanx @aroc3435 , I have put capers in my tuna - love them, too!  Tarragon with chicken sounds good too - never thought of that.  Must pick up som celery seed too.  Also gonna try the Heinz dill relish - never heard of it but it does sound tasty.  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

I make tuna patties sometimes. You can find several recipes online.

.lemon garlic tuna cakes the best Lemon Garlic Tuna Cakes Recipe

Honored Contributor

I usually make a simple mixture of tuna (white albacore from Costco) with chopped onion and/or celery.  This time of year a rush lunch when we get home late from grocery shopping is tuna with Miracle Whip on lightly toasted rye bread.  A thick slice of tomato from DH's garden is the only addition.  

Super Contributor

Years ago a friend made chicken salad with raisins and walnuts, with the usual celery, mayo (and onions if you like). Some use pieces of apple as well.   It was really good.

Honored Contributor

I like grapes in chicken or tuna salad.

Super Contributor

My favorite way to eat tuna is to make regular tuna salad with mayo, then make a sandwich with the tuna salad, black olives, and loads of banana peppers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme , it is simple and delicious.  There are cucumbers, celery, cauliflower and onions in my mother's relish.  I make it every year.  LM