Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Preparation of my favorite chicken pot pie involves getting in the car, driving up to KFC and saying, "I'd like a chicken pot pie please".  They are so good and just stuffed with chicken. I get a side of coleslaw to count as a veggie.

Me too!

Esteemed Contributor

The Pioneer Woman's recipe is the best I've ever had. Matter of fact, I have one in my fridge right now, because I made a double recipe a few days ago. My husband loves it, too. Hers calls for 1/2 cup of white wine, optional, but to me that just adds so much to it.

Just delish! Recipe is on her website.

Contributor

Oh just thought I would let you know that you when you make

this pie up you can also freeze it in portions.  That is what I do

as there is only the 2 of us.  I also have small Pyrex Pie Plates

and 1 is enough for the 2 of us.

Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as the 2 of us do.

Regular Contributor

I've tried other recipes for Chicken Pot Pie but always come back to this one.  

8 Servings

1 (14.1 oz.) pkg. refrigerated pie crusts
1 (10 oz.) can chicken in water, drained and separated into pieces
2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans cream of potato soup (undiluted)
1 (15 oz.) can mixed vegetables, drained
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup milk

Press one pie crust firmly onto the bottom and sides of a deep-dish pie plate.  Combine the remaining ingredients; pour the mixture into the pie plate.  Top with the remaining pie crust, fluting to seal both crusts.  Do not cut slits into the top of the crust.  Bake at 350° for 1 hour until lightly browned. Remove from oven; let cool 10 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers.
Honored Contributor

Thank you for this post and to all those that suggested recipes!  I love Chicken Pot Pie but have never made my own.  I am going to try making one soon.  If I fail, good to know I can run to KFC! Ha!

Honored Contributor

Costco makes a tasty chicken pot pie.  It can be found in their refrigerated prepared foods section.

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Costco makes a tasty chicken pot pie.  It can be found in their refrigerated prepared foods section.

the closest Costco for us is over 1 hour....and no KFC near by either....bummer...so I will try one of the great recipes posted here for me....

Thank you everyone....I have many to choose from...

Valued Contributor

I have to have potatoes cubed in my chicken pie as well as other veggies!  It just wouldn't be the same to me without potatoes.  I use both pie crusts-one on bottom, one on top.  Not low calorie!  Sometimes I think the potatoes call for more salt though.  I never seem to be able to salt it enough while eating..