Honored Contributor
On 2/18/2014 Tique said:

Lola, thank you for the above. I love chicken pot pie but always have to eat it carefully because it usually has peas in it and I HATE the taste of peas. I always amaze those who are around me while I am eating CPP because by the time I am done, I have a nice little pile of those gross little sickly green things remaining on my plate. Yuck for them!!! Yum for the pot pie that I will be cooking sans peas.

OMG! Tique...you are me...I am you! I was thinking the same thing about this delicious recipe....YEAH, I DON'T HAVE TO PUT PEAS IN!! LOL Too funny! I have a lifetime of pea piles!

I am going to sub Wegman's frozen organic sweet corn which I have learned to love!

Honored Contributor
On 2/18/2014 RespectLife said:
On 2/18/2014 Tique said:

Lola, thank you for the above. I love chicken pot pie but always have to eat it carefully because it usually has peas in it and I HATE the taste of peas. I always amaze those who are around me while I am eating CPP because by the time I am done, I have a nice little pile of those gross little sickly green things remaining on my plate. Yuck for them!!! Yum for the pot pie that I will be cooking sans peas.

OMG! Tique...you are me...I am you! I was thinking the same thing about this delicious recipe....YEAH, I DON'T HAVE TO PUT PEAS IN!! LOL Too funny!

RespectLife, happy to meet you. I knew there had to be at least one other one. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

Tique, all I am saying is give peas a chance{#emotions_dlg.lol} They are a fantastic vegetable: every December, we get cards saying "Peas on earth and good will towards man"....and the UN maintains a peas keeping force...and then there are times my husband says he just wants some peas and quiet.....I don't understand people.....do you have any issues with squash?

Just askin',

Poodlepet

Honored Contributor

Time for some comfort food.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Regular Contributor
Oh, wow! That looks and sounds FABULOUS! I think I'll make it in some individual gratin dishes so I can leave the crumble off of DD's. She likes the filling but swears she hates pot pies, while I love the crust. Sounds like a win-win!
Regular Contributor
Double post, sorry!
Honored Contributor

I am making this tonight--I actually have all the ingredients on hand. Thanks Lola--will report on it tomorrow!!!

Honored Contributor

Oh this sounds so good! I love CPP anyway, but I like the idea of the crumbled crust so I can make it easily with my GF flour blend. I'm definitely making this one day soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Super Contributor
Poodlepet, love your post. Very funny. This recipe looks delicious. Thank you, Lola.
Honored Contributor

So back with a review of this recipe and it is a mixed bag. I made it last night. First--the recipe for the filling was really good. I followed the recipe, but added just a splash of sherry to it. The sherry gives such a HUGE flavor shot to creamy sauces. But the crumble topping recipe was not so good. It turned out too dense and didn't cook thru in the amount of time given. I gave it 10 more minutes and it still was gummy and uncooked. I ended up taking those things out and just eating the filling. I followed the topping recipe to the letter and did not over mix it at all. I loved the idea of this recipe but won't make it again using the crumble topping. Maybe biscuits on top would be good. Like I said, the filling was the best.