Honored Contributor

Have you heard of chia seeds?  They are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, and have tons of health benefits.  As we get older, sometimes we have trouble keeping things "moving along" in the digestive track.  Chia seeds are great for that.  I've been eating a little chia seed pudding daily for the last week and am very pleased with the results.

The basic recipe is:

1/2 cup Almond milk (any preferred milk would likely be fine,but you'd have to test it)

2 Tablespoons chia seeds

Mix together and let it sit to thicken.  I make a bunch in advance and have them ready in the fridge.

The basic recipe is rather bland so I like to add a little sweetener and vanilla extract.  I plan to experiment with other flavorings and spices - almond, banana, pumpkin spice mix, cinnamon, etc.  Add a few berries to the finished product if you like.

The seeds plump up, but still maintain a slight hard center.  That's supposed be resolved if you crush the seeds.  I have a new batch sitting and I ran those seeds through a spice blender, to see what would happen.  I'll let you know.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes @JeanLouiseFinch   I put the in plain yogurt.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Yes @JeanLouiseFinch   I put the in plain yogurt.

That's great, @mspatmac.  I was both surprised and impressed at all the benefits they provide. 

Honored Contributor

I'm eating a salad right now with about 3 tblsps of chia seeds on top.

I put chia seeds on everything.

You can pop a few frozen strawberries in your pudding while it sets up.

I make overnite oatmeal with lots of chia seeds, too.

I even sneaked (snuck?) them in our salsa last night.  My husband didn't notice, I don't think.

Same goes for hemp seeds, they're really good for you, too.

Respected Contributor

🎵 Cha, cha chia 🎵. I do stick them in my daily salad.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Have you heard of chia seeds?  They are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, and have tons of health benefits.  As we get older, sometimes we have trouble keeping things "moving along" in the digestive track.  Chia seeds are great for that.  I've been eating a little chia seed pudding daily for the last week and am very pleased with the results.

The basic recipe is:

1/2 cup Almond milk (any preferred milk would likely be fine,but you'd have to test it)

2 Tablespoons chia seeds

Mix together and let it sit to thicken.  I make a bunch in advance and have them ready in the fridge.

The basic recipe is rather bland so I like to add a little sweetener and vanilla extract.  I plan to experiment with other flavorings and spices - almond, banana, pumpkin spice mix, cinnamon, etc.  Add a few berries to the finished product if you like.

The seeds plump up, but still maintain a slight hard center.  That's supposed be resolved if you crush the seeds.  I have a new batch sitting and I ran those seeds through a spice blender, to see what would happen.  I'll let you know.  

throw in some coco powder

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear  I put my chia seeds in a coffee grinder to make them into a powder.  Much easier to digest. 

Love my chia seed powder!

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

The basic recipe is:

2 Tablespoons chia seeds

throw in some coco powder

Yes!  I did this the other day. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I make chia seed pudding with chia seeds, almond milk and cocoa powder. I also make a drink every morning with chia seeds, lemon juice, and water. 👍🏻

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: Chia Seed Pudding

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I'm eating a salad right now with about 3 tblsps of chia seeds on top.

I put chia seeds on everything.

You can pop a few frozen strawberries in your pudding while it sets up.

I make overnite oatmeal with lots of chia seeds, too.

I even sneaked (snuck?) them in our salsa last night.  My husband didn't notice, I don't think.

Same goes for hemp seeds, they're really good for you, too.

@Lucky Charm I originally bought the chia seeds to make homemade keto granola.  There's hemp seed, flaxseed, and som3 other things it as well.  I new it was health, just didn't realize how healthy.  

Can you really eat that much in a day?  I thought the max was a couple of tablespoons.