Valued Contributor

Chex Funfetti Cake Batter Buddies

I found this recipe on the sixsistersstuff website, and it sounded fun and interesting, so I thought I'd share. I haven't made it yet, but I will! The comments included are from the recipe poster:

Do you have 10 minutes?

Then I HIGHLY recommend running into the kitchen and throwing this amazing little snack together!

It's is CRAZY addicting . . . so you might want to double the batch! My husband loves all things made with a Funfetti cake mix, so I made it for him but ended up eating most of it myself. Trust me . . . you are going to LOVE this! Our friend Nikki even posted the same recipe yesterday, so you know that it has to be good!! Smiley Happy

Adapted from: So Very Blessed

Ingredients:

5 cups Chex cereal (I used Rice Chex, but Corn Chex would work great!)

10 oz (5 squares) vanilla flavored Almond Bark

1 1/2 cups Funfetti cake mix (any kind of cake mix would work)

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1 tsp vegetable shortening

Directions:

1. Melt Almond Bark according to the package directions, adding vegetable shortening to thin (I heard that you can make it without the shortening, but it worked great for me to use it).

2. Pour the cereal into a large bowl and drizzle the melted Almond Bark over the cereal. Mix gently with a large spoon or spatula.

3. Dump the cake mix and powdered sugar onto the cereal and mix gently with large spoon until all the cereal is evenly coated.

4. Enjoy!! It's so good! Smiley Happy

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/02/chex-funfetti-cake-batter-buddies.html