Honored Contributor

Cheese ball and deviled egg recipes, please.

[ Edited ]

I have a cheese ball recipe that I like, but I'm in search of an even better one.  The same with deviled eggs.

If you have one and don't mind posting, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: In search of the best cheese ball recipes.

I have not ate a cheese ball in years. Used to mix Velveeta cheese with cream cheese, add pecans, roll into 2 logs, roll in chili powder & wrap in wax paper & tinfoil. It was really pretty good. I cannot tell you when the last time was I ate Velveeta cheese. It's a little messy since I just mushed it all together with my hands.

Honored Contributor

Re: In search of the best cheese ball recipes.

@Nightowlz

Thank you.

This is my favorite recipe to date, from Allrecipes - it always gets gobbled up, but I'm interested in something new.

INGREDIENTS:

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese 1/4 cup shredded pepperjack cheese

DIRECTIONS:

1/2 green bell pepper, minced
1 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

1. In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, green bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt. Mix together and form mixture into a ball. Roll ball in cilantro and serve with your favorite crackers.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cheese ball and deviled egg recipes, please.

@house_catI found this in a cook book and couldn't be easier

1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 pkg Good Seasons dry Italian dressing mix

On a 8 1/2 x 11 inch (approximately) piece of aluminum foil,pour out dressing mix.  Shape creamed cheese into a log and roll in dry mix to cover.  Roll aluminum foil and twist ends  Chili for 8 hours or overnight.
Honored Contributor

@flbettyboop

Thank you! That sure is easy!  i could jazz it up by adding veggies into the cheese - like scallions, for instance.

~ house cat ~
Regular Contributor

I've gotten good recipes for both from the food blog, Margaret's Morsels.  Her photography isn't great but every recipe I've tried has been delicious!  If you want to read more about the recipes, click on the words in bold and it should take you directly to the page.

1 lb. cream cheese, softened
1 lb. sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
dash of cayenne pepper
1 cup chopped pecans
chili powder

Bring the first two ingredients to room temperature.  Combine all ingredients, except chili powder, and mix well.  Shape and refrigerate overnight or for a couple of days.  When ready to serve, coat the mixture thoroughly with chili powder.

6 Servings

6 hard-boiled eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup mayonnaise

Cut peeled eggs lengthwise in half; remove yolks and mash with a fork. Mix in remaining ingredients.  Fill whites with egg yolk mixture.  Keep refrigerated.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Bluffbaker

Thank you. That's the deviled egg recipe I've always used and I've never had complaints.  I look forward to perusing her blog as soon as I have time.

~ house cat ~
Regular Contributor

You're welcome, @house_cat!  I've never had any complaints with that Deviled Egg recipe either!  It's simple, but good.  

I hope you'll like her blog and find some good recipes to try.  It's been a while since she posted but I'm hoping she'll be back soon.  My family has loved everything I've made from her site.

Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Bluffbaker

Thank you. That's the deviled egg recipe I've always used and I've never had complaints.  I look forward to perusing her blog as soon as I have time.

Add a bit of yellow mustard!  Smiley Happy

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

I like a bit of horseradish in my deviled eggs.  It adds a bit of zing you can't quite put your finger on.  I also like some hot sauce, just a few drops, so the color changes the yolks and a bit of spice that is better than black pepper.

The cheese ball can be made better by using a better quality of cheese like a Vermont Extra Sharp White Cheddar and real bacon crumbled for rolling the ball in.  Chives are alway good.

Don't forget both get better if you do them the day before so the flavors can meld.