Valued Contributor

Re: Cavatelli with Sweet Italian Sausage and Broccoli Rabe

I make it this way all the time, and its fantastic! I have never used raisins, but will try it next time.

Super Contributor

MrsG, this sounds like something I would love...not my kids, but all the more for DH and I! I wondered about the raisins too, but can see they could be good addition. Thanks!
Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 lianne said:

I make it this way all the time, and its fantastic! I have never used raisins, but will try it next time.

I'm actually excited to try the raisins! And I'll bet you a dollar that I'll increase them, as MrsG mentioned...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Sounds good but I'd leave out the hot pepper flakes and raisins.

Honored Contributor

Sounds very good. Definitely going on the list to try!

Regular Contributor

FORRESTWOLF -- I live in FL and Publix supermarkets carries broccoli rabe. Nobody else does. I see you live in GA -- maybe you have a Publix near you?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

GREAT recipe--but I'm having trouble finding broccoli rabe, one of my fave greens (I make this but without the sausage, and heck, sometimes it's just the greens.)

My boss years ago was Italian and boy did he love RABE. When it came in season in Boston, he would make this (usually with orrichetti however, same idea.) And if we'd go to see clients together, he's stay quiet for a while, listening to me confer, then he'd pipe up with his recipe for broccoli rabe (totally off-topic!) It was always so funny but he was the best boss I ever had in my life and everyone loved his quirks.

Respected Contributor

PS I found broccoli rabe in one of those big bags of greens at the Walmart supercenter but they didn't come back in stock. Irritating, as it was a convenient way to buy them and they were quite good. They stayed fresh until I could cook them up and they were not tough or dry.

Respected Contributor

Most likely you know this, but for those who do not, broccoli rabe can also be called rapini.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/22/2015 CountryMusicGal said:

FORRESTWOLF -- I live in FL and Publix supermarkets carries broccoli rabe. Nobody else does. I see you live in GA -- maybe you have a Publix near you?

There is a new and very modern Publix in Valdosta, but limited on fresh produce/fruits.....Now, they have a HUGE organic section, but mostly canned things and grains and such.....not veggies.....They are also carrying a huge selection of foods from all around the globe, and I am loving this to death.....but...not good fresh veggies of unusual varities........ the usual salads, greens,peppers, cucumbers and such.......{#emotions_dlg.scared}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......