Trusted Contributor

Re: Cauliflower Pizza Crust - is it worth the trouble?

@CareBears wrote:

@house_cat I would be interested in this also, I know that our Costco sells Cauliflower rice which would be a big time saver but how is the taste?  I make a cauiflower casserole that is divine (not low calorie though) and generally enjoy cauliflower so it will be interesting to see others point of view?

@CareBears  Would you mind posting your cauliflower casserole recipe. please?  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@vabreeze I have to hunt it down, will post as soon as I find it.

Esteemed Contributor

@vabreeze Loaded Cauliflower Casserole, it was easier to find then I thought it would be.

1 Large head of Cauliflower cut into bite size pieces ) approx. 6 cups

6-8 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled (Cooked in oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes)

6 Tablespoons of Chives

1/2 Cup Mayonnaise

1/2 Cup Sour Cream

2 Cups Colby Jack Cheese (may used Cheddar)

8 ounce container sliced mushrooms - Optional

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In a large pot, boil water and cook Cauliflower for 8-10 minutes, drain and let cool.

In a large bowl combine sour cream, mayo, 1/2 of crumbled bacon, 3 tablespoons of Chives, 1 Cup of cheese, mushrooms and cauliflower and mix well- place in baking dish 9x13 and cover with remaining 1 cup of cheese and the rest of the bacon crumbles.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted,  Top with the remaining 3 Tablespoons of chives and serve.

Reheats the next day beautifully!

Trusted Contributor

@CareBears  Thank you so much!  I have a jar of Baconnaise that I think will love to be included in this recipe.

Honored Contributor

I do not care for CF so I'm sure I would dislike pizza made w/ CF crust.

Valued Contributor

Thanks a bunch for sharing this delish looking recipe. Im gluten free so cant wait to make this. Can anyone tell me how much packaged cauli rice I substitute i stead of using the fresh head? 

Honored Contributor

@Lally wrote:

Thanks a bunch for sharing this delish looking recipe. Im gluten free so cant wait to make this. Can anyone tell me how much packaged cauli rice I substitute i stead of using the fresh head? 

@Lally

I would estimate that you'd need about 4 cups of riced cauliflower.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Lally wrote:

@Lally

I would estimate that you'd need about 4 cups of riced cauliflower.

Thank you so much for answering. I will add that to my recipe 'stuctions. I've also sent this recipe to friends already this morning. Your pizza pic looked simply amazing.

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Okay.  

Here's my review.  It was delicious and I would make it again. I have a convenction oven and I preheated the pizza stone, which probably helped it crisp up nicely.  It was much more filling than traditional pizza, and not as addictive.  I was very satisfied with two pieces and it was not a large pizza.  However, if anyone thinks it tastes and feels the same as a bread crust, it doesn't.  I think you will be disappointed if you have your heart set on that.

cauliflower pizza 2017.JPG

WOW very impressive - looks beautiful.

Mashed potato recipe is my go to Cali and easy..  That being said it does not taste like mashed potatoes but Parmesan and butter makes anything taste great..

Pizza endeavor  I could not undertake.  It was way to much work.

When I try to fool myself it's a bigger mess, more calories and no healthier buy time I get through with it.

I do not like when people feed me something and hide the ingredients . It is rude and dangerous.  Let me know up front and make the decision.

You must be quite the cook.  Yours could be on the cover of a magazine.

Well Done!!!!

Honored Contributor

@hopi

@Lally

On "The Kitchen" yesterday, they said that this recipe, from Katie Lee, is their most searched recipe on the website.  I have a feeling that's partly due ot this thread!  Ha!

In any case, everyone agreed that it is never going to replace traditional pizza crust - it's just another option.

For anyone who is interested, on yesterday's show, GZ made one with sweet potato. Here's the recipe.

~ house cat ~