Respected Contributor

Re: Casserole's Always A Crowd Pleaser...

The Baked French Toast is a great idea for an Easter brunch.  Might give it a try.

Honored Contributor

Re: Casseroles Always A Crowd Pleaser...

@JB116 wrote:

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

@JB116 wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:
Ground Beef and Potato Casserole

Number of Servings: 8
Ingredients

1 lb 93% lean ground beef
1 cup chopped onions
1 10.75 oz can Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/4 cup water mixed with soup
1/4 tsp salt(optional)
1/4 tsp black pepper
3-4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced with skin on.

Brown ground beef and onions, drain.
Spray the bottom of a 2 qt glass baking dish(11×9 inch).
Cover the bottom of the dish with a layer of potatoes and a layer of ground beef.
Pour half of soup mixture over this. Add another layer of potatoes and ground beef, pour remaining soup mixture over this also.
Bake covered for 1 hour at 350°F.

This sounds REALLY good but I am allergic to mushrooms so could you recommend another soup to use instead?

Thank you!

Hi @JB116!

I know this is not my recipe...  

However, I think a "Cream of Broccoli" or "Cream of Asparagus", or even "Cream of Chicken" would work just fine. 

I hope this helps?

Have a nice day.

Blessings and Hugs!

THANK YOU!  I wasn't sure which would be good since there is beef in the recipe. I think I'll try it with the cream of broccoli. My sons both love broccoli so any undertaste of it won't prevent them from eating it.

THANKS!!!!

Smiley Happy

@JB116@BellabutterflyI could also see this done with chicken in place of the beef and any of the soups.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you ladies, this is great thread. I have never ate manwich sauce, but it's on my list.

So tired of eating the same stuff over and over.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

Jiffy Corn Casserole

Mix together the following:

1 can creamed corn

1 can corn (drained)

1 stick butter (melted)

salt & pepper to taste

Add:

1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix

8 oz. sour cream

Optional, but I do add:

1 small chopped onion

small jar of pimentos (drained)

Spray a 9x13 baking dish and pour in the mixture.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.  Times can vary depending on your oven, don't overbake.  This is so good!  Enjoy!

Wow, that's a lot of butter!  But this sounds really good.  I'm going to try this out; might even add a small can of diced green chilies.  Thanks for posting @IlliniGirl88.  Your other casseroles sound equally as good (and easy too)!

@Citrine1 I make this casserole often and it is delicious.  I cut down a bit on the butter as once I forgot to add it altogether and hardly noticed it . . . I agree I so appreciate everyone's sharing of their casserole recipes.  I have copied so many and now that it is cooler very much look forward to making and enjoying them!  Smiley Happy

eta:  and I agree, a small can of green chilies would be delicious!

This JIFFY corn bake is one of our family favorites. Never tried green chilies..it is kinda sweet but I guess it would work ok.