Honored Contributor

Re: Casseroles Always A Crowd Pleaser...

[ Edited ]

@Citrine1 wrote:

You're very welcome @momtochloe!  It's good to chat with you again!  Hope you enjoy the casserole.

@Citrine1 and it's good to chat with you again my friend!  I can't wait to try both versions of this recipe as it is different than my regular chow (I was going to use the word cuisine but that doesn't quite capture my regular eating habits) . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Bellabutterfly

Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole 

3 Cups Cooked Rice (I like Lundberg brand)

1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup (low sodium)

3 Baked Chicken Breasts (cubed)

3 Cups Steamed Broccoli 

1/2 Cup Steamed cut Carrots

1 Diced Yellow Onion 

1Tbsp minced Garlic

Black Pepper Added To Your Liking

8 oz. Shredded Cheese (Colby or any cheese you prefer)

Mix all ingredients in a large bowel

Heat oven to 350 Degrees

Spray 13x9 Baking Pan with Pan Spray

Pour Ingredients into pan

Bake for 30-40 minutes (until heated throughout)

*If desired you may top with low sodium potato chips or chopped green onions or chopped green chilies. 

*May be served without added toppings 

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Bellabutterfly

Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole 

3 Cups Cooked Rice (I like Lundberg brand)

1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup (low sodium)

3 Baked Chicken Breasts (cubed)

3 Cups Steamed Broccoli 

1/2 Cup Steamed cut Carrots

1 Diced Yellow Onion 

1Tbsp minced Garlic

Black Pepper Added To Your Liking

8 oz. Shredded Cheese (Colby or any cheese you prefer)

Mix all ingredients in a large bowel

Heat oven to 350 Degrees

Spray 13x9 Baking Pan with Pan Spray

Pour Ingredients into pan

Bake for 30-40 minutes (until heated throughout)

*If desired you may top with low sodium potato chips or chopped green onions or chopped green chilies. 

*May be served without added toppings 

Oh butterfly123...

Thank you so much.  I just remember this casserole being so very good...It was a long time ago. 

Thanks again, have a "Great Weekend"!

Respected Contributor

@walker wrote:

SLOPPY JOE CASSEROLE

1 lb. lean ground beef

1/2 cup sliced green onions

1 can sloppy joe sandwich sauce

1 (11 oz.) can Green Giant (or other) Mexicorn, undrained

1 (6 oz.) can refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits

Heat oven to 375.  In large skillet, brown ground beef with onions; drain.  Stir in sandwich sauce and corn.  Cook 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.

Spoon mixture into ungreased casserole dish (1 1/2 to 2 qt size).  Separate dough into 5 biscuits; cut each in half.  Arrange,cut side down, around outside edge of meat mixture with sides of biscuits touching.

Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.

Hi Qwalker!

This casserole was "Great"! 

My Hubby loved it!  I added a 7 oz. can of fire roasted green chilies to the recipe.  I had it on hand and my DH loves them.  It came out so good.

Oh, and DH did call me from the store could not find the Mexican corn.  I talked him through it as he looked...Walla he found it.

Thanks again...

Have a "Wonderful Weekend".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bellabutterfly.....glad you and DH liked the casserole!  It is easy to fix too.  I tried to post twice last night and each time it disappeared.  So, I will try again.  I fixed a one-dish-meal for dinner....not a casserole but close.  Recipe has been around for awhile.....think it was on Pinterest.

Chicken and Vegetables

3-4 boneless chicken breasts

6-8 small red potatoes

fresh green beans (1/2 lb or less)

Place chicken breasts in center of 9x13" baking dish.  Cut potatoes in half or quarters; trim beans.  Place potatoes and beans around chicken.  Drizzle olive oil over all.  Then sprinkle dry Italian Dressing Mix over that (less than pkg unless you like a lot).

Cover and bake at 350 for one hour.

Hooooray!  Message posted!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@walker I just pulled your casserole out of the oven and it is delicious!  Wow, is that good and so easy to make . . . I am in love!

I had to buy a bigger package of ground beef and the corn only came in a larger size so I made a slightly bigger batch and will try @Citrine1's idea of putting mashed potatoes on top accompanied by the extra biscuits from the original recipe . . . it is going to be good eating for mtc for this week!

Thanks ladies . . . Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: Casserole's Always A Crowd Pleaser...

A friend gave me the link to a blog she reads regularly -- margaretsmorsels.blogspot.com -- which is where I've found a lot of good recipes.  This casserole is one of my favorites from that blogger.   Not only is it easy and tasty, it truly is a one pan dish! I always add a second can of diced tomatoes and when I don't have them on hand, I substitute two cans of whole tomatoes that I chop into smaller pieces.

Hamburger Macaroni Casserole

4 to 6 Servings

1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 (8 oz.) pkg. elbow macaroni (uncooked)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
1/2 cup catsup
1 cup water
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
shredded Cheddar or Mozzarella cheese to taste (optional)

Brown ground beef in large pan. Remove beef from pan using a slotted spoon. Discard all but two or three tablespoons of drippings from the pan. Put the uncooked macaroni, onion and green pepper in the drippings and cook until the onion is soft. Return beef to the pan and add the remaining ingredients, except cheese. Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until macaroni is cooked as desired, stirring every 7 or 8 minutes to keep macaroni from sticking. If using cheese, add it when the casserole is done. Remove the pan from heat. Sprinkle cheese on top of the casserole and put the lid on the pan until the cheese melts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

mtc....glad you liked the casserole......I was thinking that using Citrine2's idea of mashed potatoes on top kind of makes it a Sloppy Joe Shepherd's  Pie!  😀  

Occasional Contributor

@Tootie15 I made your Chicken Asparagus Casserole tonight and hubby said this one is a keeper!  I did add sweet onions and used lemon pepper instead of onion powder and black pepper.  Hubby said this would work with leftover ham, turkey or shrimp!  Thanks for a nice dinner. 

Respected Contributor

@AntiqueRose ... you're welcome ... glad you enjoyed it!! Thank your DH from some good suggestions. I think my family would really like the ham.

There are so many good recipes coming in ... I am really enjoying this thread.