Honored Contributor

Re: Casseroles Always A Crowd Pleaser...

[ Edited ]

Go easier. Not everyone appreciates being corrected. Let it go, in the events of life.......this is not a #1 in my book. We don't know each other, and we don't know what someone is working with on the other end. I say let it go.

Why not just add a casserole recipe you like?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

SLOPPY JOE CASSEROLE

1 lb. lean ground beef

1/2 cup sliced green onions

1 can sloppy joe sandwich sauce

1 (11 oz.) can Green Giant (or other) Mexicorn, undrained

1 (6 oz.) can refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits

Heat oven to 375.  In large skillet, brown ground beef with onions; drain.  Stir in sandwich sauce and corn.  Cook 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.

Spoon mixture into ungreased casserole dish (1 1/2 to 2 qt size).  Separate dough into 5 biscuits; cut each in half.  Arrange,cut side down, around outside edge of meat mixture with sides of biscuits touching.

Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.

NOTE.....I noticed that biscuit can says bake biscuits at 350 so I tried it and worked fine.  Newer ovens can be hotter so 375 now seems high to me.  Watch as it cooks to see how biscuits brown up.  When they do.....it is done!

Respected Contributor

@walker wrote:

SLOPPY JOE CASSEROLE

1 lb. lean ground beef

Heat oven to 375.  In large skillet, brown ground beef with onions; drain.  Stir in sandwich sauce and corn.  Cook 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.

Spoon mixture into ungreased casserole dish (1 1/2 to 2 qt size).  Separate dough into 5 biscuits; cut each in half.  Arrange,cut side down, around outside edge of meat mixture with sides of biscuits touching.

Hi Qwalker!

Thank you for this casserole.  I am going to make it for dinner tonight.  I was stumped at what to make for this evening...This is perfect!  I am sending my DH to the store for the "Mexicorn" and "Sloppy Joe Sauce".   

I know my DH will be calling me from the grocery store asking me once again..."What is Mexicorn"?

Have a "Great Weekend"!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Bellabutterfly.....you made me laugh about your DH in store.  My DH would be same and say....corn is corn what is Mexicorn?..ha!  Hope you like the recipe.  As I got it out, I remembered I have not fixed it in awhile.   Maybe next week I will!

Looking forward to more posted casserole recipes.

Respected Contributor

Hi Gals! 

I need your help. 

My dear Aunt use to make a "Rice Casserole" and it was made with either "Cauliflower or Broccoli"?  Do any of you Gals out there know this recipe?

I really want this recipe.  I hope someone has this  casserole recipe and can "Post" it.

Thanks Gals!

Honored Contributor

@walker wrote:

SLOPPY JOE CASSEROLE

1 lb. lean ground beef

@walker I am so making this tomorrow.  My grocery list is ready to go, this sounds delicious.  Thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

Re: Casserole's Always A Crowd Pleaser...

@ValuSkr wrote:

Thank you for this.  I don't know why some people - like my brother-in-law - sneer at "casseroles," like they're too good for such food.

Because some of us have health concerns that make us not have or severly limit things like this that you get at a lot of gatherings where people eat. . . sometimes it's hard for people to say "I can't eat that" or "I'll just have a bite" when they are in social situations.  Just saying, don't assume too much about why they avoid some foods. . . 

Esteemed Contributor

@walker wrote:

SLOPPY JOE CASSEROLE

1 lb. lean ground beef

@walker I make this, too, but instead of biscuits I top mine with mashed potatoes and then shredded cheddar cheese.  Bake (or microwave) until the cheese is melted.  This is actually a favorite at my house, but then we are casserole and "simple food" eaters.  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@walker wrote:

SLOPPY JOE CASSEROLE

1 lb. lean ground beef

@walker I make this, too, but instead of biscuits I top mine with mashed potatoes and then shredded cheddar cheese.  Bake (or microwave) until the cheese is melted.  This is actually a favorite at my house, but then we are casserole and "simple food" eaters.  

@Citrine1 thanks so much for this as since I cook for one maybe I'll split the recipe in two and make both and freeze the rest . . . thank you again!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

You're very welcome @momtochloe!  It's good to chat with you again!  Hope you enjoy the casserole.