Trusted Contributor

Re: Carmel Corn: Great for Any Celebration!

Sounds delicious! I saw a recipe for marshmallow caramel corn the other day that I'd like to try...Just need to make sure all my fillings are firmly in place!

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/1/2014 Topaz Gem said:

Couple quick (probably dumb) questions: Wink

Is a 'cube' of butter the same as a stick of butter? I've never used the term 'cube' before, so I wanted to double check.

>>>a pink of salt

Did you mean to say a 'pinch' of salt? If not, then please define 'a pink of salt'. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Thanks.

Topaz,

I am so very sorry. Yes, a "pinch." And a cube is a stick. The word "cube" was used back when my friend's mom created this recipe. Must have been the 50s or 60s.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/1/2014 turtle52 said:

The word is "caramel".

You got me on that one, indeed. Earlier in the day, I had been thinking of all the wonderful Thanksgivings we had spent in Carmel, California!

Contributor

On 12/1/2014 StylishLady said:

Karmelkorn is a chain of stores selling mostly that style of popcorn. Loved to buy a box at the end of shopping in the mall and eat it on the way home. I try to make my home version of it once in a while.

Ooooohh, the memories of Karmelkorn shops in the mall. A box of warm caramel corn and shopping with my mom and dad at the Buena Park Mall, in Southern California. I far as I know, they no longer have Karmelkorn in California.

Respected Contributor

On 12/1/2014 sfnative said:
On 12/1/2014 Topaz Gem said:

Couple quick (probably dumb) questions: Wink

Is a 'cube' of butter the same as a stick of butter? I've never used the term 'cube' before, so I wanted to double check.

>>>a pink of salt

Did you mean to say a 'pinch' of salt? If not, then please define 'a pink of salt'. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Thanks.

<br />

Topaz,

I am so very sorry. Yes, a "pinch." And a cube is a stick. The word "cube" was used back when my friend's mom created this recipe. Must have been the 50s or 60s.

No need to apologize! Smile I know that terms can vary from region to region, so I just wanted to be sure that I was on the same page as the recipe author. Thanks for posting this; I can't wait to make it.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James